Quectel EC25-AUX List of bands for ltebandval

On the user manual Quectel_EC2xEG2xEG9xEM05_Series_QCFG_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0.pdf, page 55, the hex value for a few bands is listed, namely B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, and B20.

But what about the other LTE bands? The EC25-AUX supports many more LTE bands, such as B4. Why are the other bands not listed? Am I missing something? I don’t see any relationship between B1 (0x1) and B3 (0x4) in other to intrapolate or deduct the value of B2, so this seems completely demential to me. What am I missing???

Can someone be so kind to give me the formula/method to use for all the other LTE bands, or simply list all of them here?

Thanks in advance!

The algorithm is simple.

In binary representation, the bandmask has the bit set which corresponds to the LTE band number.

Take B7 as an example.

The bandmask 0x40 is 1000000 in binary and so bit 7 is set.

My post EC25-E band information and bit flags - #4 by snowgum has further info.

Great, thank you so much!

One more quick question, after I lock into a band, for example B28, how to I put back the automatic band selection? The hex value of all bits set to 1 up to the band that I just locked?

Oh wait, I think I see the solution on your other post: AT+QCFG=“band”,FFFF,7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Correct?

Actually no, that gives me an error, and so does AT+QCFG=“band”,FFFF,7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF,0,1

AT+QCFG=“band”,FFFF,7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF,0,1

ERROR

I would appreciate any help please.

The command to set an EC25 series modems back to defaults came from the EC2x&EG2x&EG9x&EM05 Series QCFG AT Commands Manual.

According to my copy of the EC25 spec, the AUX variant supports LTE bands B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B28/B40.

The command to set this combination is AT+QCFG="band",0,80080000DF

PS - If you’ve got a device with a copy of the Lua command interpreter (usually standard with Linux, but available for other systems), I’ve put a Lua script up on pastebin.com which you can use to generate bandmasks:

Usage: encodemask 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 28 40

Result: 000000000000000000000080080000DF

That’s a 128-bit mask intended for other software to call and process. Just drop the leading zeros in the result.

Excellent, it worked! Thank you again!