Quectel EC200U-CN strange behavior when querying GPS NMEA data

Hi everyone,

I have been using Quectel EC200U-CN for a while now, but recently, I got strange behavior when trying to obtain GPS data via NMEA GGA sentence.

Here’s what I did in the past that has been working perfectly:

GPS_worked_properly

AT+QGPSGNMEA=“GGA” returns with "+QGPSGNMEA: " and GGA sentence.

Now, with a different batch of the same module, it’s not working properly anymore:

AT+QGPSGNMEA=“GGA” returns with just “OK” and no GGA data !!!

Side notes: this batch contains five modules of EC200U-CN, two of them did return proper GGA for a short period of time, but then they ended up having the same fate as the other three.
Firmware version: EC200UCNLAR02A05M08.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Trung Le

Hi @trungle
Please make sure that the NMEA statement is not banned. Also be sure to test GNSS functionality outdoors in an open environment.

Hi Lyman-Q,

I double-checked everything and am certain that the NMEA statement is not disabled.

Also, I want to add that “AT+QGPS=1” did not return any NMEA data at all, I attempted to change the outport via AT+QGPSCFG=“outport”,“usbat” and waited for some minutes but still got nothing.

Here is an example of what should be returned using a normal working module:

Best regards,
Trung Le

Hi @trungle
I have sent you the QTTFF tool, which can test the GPS function more professionally. I have sent the link to the chat box. Can you try this tool? Or I see that your module has new firmware, would you like to try the latest firmware?