Quectel BG95: CoAP vs MQTT and FOTA/DFOTA: Seeking Recommendations!

Hello,
I would like to hear your opinions on some topics related to the Quectel BG95. Specifically, I’m interested in connectivity and remote firmware updates for this module, especially in scenarios involving eDRX (Extended Discontinuous Reception) and PSM (Power Saving Mode).

1. Connectivity: CoAP or MQTT? What’s your preferred choice? Are there any other options you recommend?
  2. What’s your experience with FOTA and DFOTA? Do they work well?

Both MQTT and COAP protocol modules are supported, depending on your business needs you can choose.

Due to memory limitations, module upgrades can use DFOTA and local upgrades.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
However, I would like to delve deeper into the topic of DFOTA with NBIoT. Could you please elaborate on what factors should be kept in mind when implementing DFOTA with NBIoT? Specifically, I’m interested in any considerations or best practices that can help ensure successful firmware updates in NBIoT scenarios.

Thanks

NB-IOT is limited by network capabilities, DFOTA upgrade package can not be too large, it is recommended not to upgrade across multiple versions.

Hello,

And what about eDRX and PSM? Which one is better to use with NBIoT to reduce consumption?
Can they be used simultaneously to obtain additional power savings?