Problems with GPS module L76-M33

Hi!
I have an L76-M33 module. In a Hardware Design says that this module supports data refresh rates up to 10 Hz. Please tell me how to increase the refresh rate to 10 Hz. 1 Hz by default is too low

Hi Nurruslan,

Set 10 Hz fix rate: $PMTK220,100*2F

A higher fixed rate requires a higher baud rate, so that the data can be fully output. If the fixed rate is 10 Hz (interval = 100 ms), the baud rate should be 57600 bps or higher.

Bset regards.

I you sure about 220 command?

what is the differents between 300-command?

Hi Nurruslan,

Yes. According to Quectel_Lx0&Lx6&LC86L&LG77L_GNSS_Protocol_Specification_V2.1.pdf , $PMTK220 command is to set position fix interval.

Thank you for your answers!
Now I have one main problem.
I set boud to 115200 ($PMTK251,1152001F\r\n)
And 10Hz update rate ($PMTK220,100
2F\r\n)
The module send messages 10 times per second. It works fine. All messages is correct.
But, the speed measurement delay is too long. About 1.5 seconds. I mean that I start abruptly from 0 km/h in the car and only after 1.5-2 seconds the speed gets above 0. When I accelerate to 40 km/h, the module first shows 25 and after 2 seconds it reaches 40 km/h

Number of satellites 12-17.
What settings should I change so that the speed value updates faster without delay?

Maybe leave only the GPS? Or leave only RMC packages?

Hi Nurruslan,

Maybe leave only RMC or VTG would help.

Best regards.

Hello,

I take the chance of this existing topic to ask another question.
I am testing L76-M33 module and I am using following settings: baud rate 38400 and refresh rate 5Hz.

I am experiencing the following behavior for the L76-M33 module.

I get zero speed from the GPS if the speed is less than about 1.5km/h.

I am comparing L76 module with another GPS module which is able to return a speed different from zero in the same conditions.

Is there any setting that I can change to get the speed different from zero even for speed less than 1.5km/h?
For my application I need the speed to be different from zero even if moving slower than 1.5km/h.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Giulio

Hi Giulio Iselqui,

If your product usually work in low speed condition, you can switch to Fitness Mode. Also, please set static navigation threshold to 0 m/s. Static navigation threshold aims to mute very low speed which will cause statical drift.

Best regards.