Parameters psRegistrationStatus and csRegistrationStatus from Cellular_GetServiceStatus

Hi Team

I am using BG96 with FreeRTOS cellular library and after few hours of working the device is unable to connect over https to server. I have checked the device’s status using API Cellular_GetServiceStatus and it gives below information:
networkRegistrationMode 0
csRegistrationStatus 0
psRegistrationStatus 36
mcc
mnc
operatorNameFormat 0
operatorName
csRejectionType 0
csRejectionCause 36
psRejectionType 1
psRejectionCause 0

I would like to know what does the values in csRejectionCause 36 and
psRejectionType 1 mean and how can I recover the module from this state.

In case this query doesn’t fall in the selected tags please change it with relevant tags.

Thanks.

Hello

Sorry I’m not familiar with the FreeRTOS API Cellular_GetServiceStatus. Does this translate to AT commands via the UART? using the At commands for BG96, the EMM reject cause can be interrogated by:
AT+QCFG=“emmcause” see the BG96_QCFG_AT_Commands_Manual.
You can check the meaning of this reject cause in 3GPP TS24.301
" Cause #36 – Regular deactivation
This ESM cause is used to indicate a regular UE or network initiated release of EPS bearer resources."

Not sure if this helps directly, if you could capture an AT command log from the start, it may point to the issue.

Regards
David Lam
FAE ANZ

Yes, it translates to AT+CREG? (and AT+CGREG? if modem supports GSM/EDGE network) command over UART. The failure does not happen every time but may happen sometimes after few hours (> 6 hrs) of working.
" Cause #36 – Regular deactivation
This ESM cause is used to indicate a regular UE or network initiated release of EPS bearer resources."
Sorry but I was not able to understand the message above specifically network initiated release of EPS bearer resources. Also what should be the recovery mechanism in this case.