Number of APNs and bearers with EP06 modem

What is the maximum number of APNs EP06 modem is capable to handle? Same question about bearers what is the maximum number of bearers handled? Are there any other limitations with the number of APNs and bearers?

The aim is to create multiple bearers with multiple QCI values with few separated APNs in private LTE / 4G network, so as not to have commercial network limitations.

If I’m not wrong this data about APNs and bearers is not documented on any of EP06 modem documents.

Lastly, what would be an ideal modem with the maximum number of bearers and APNs supported?

Thanx

Hi,
thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
In principle, our LTE module can support the configuration of 7-way APN.For specific values, please refer to our AT command document and use the AT command to query, thank you.

Thanx for response,

Sorry, but I think I was rights about documentation lacking this information. AT Command manual (EP06&EG06&EM06_GNSS_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0) doesn’t describe anything else than GNSS commands. No help from there with maximum number of APNs neither maximum number of bearers. And from other modem AT command manual I can pick some pieces for APNs and bearers, but not too clear for maximum numbers, until trying to create and creation gives error.

Our implementation is based on Open WRT and preferred to use QMI, not AT commands to accommodate different modems.

Not willing to test all modems with AT commands to get maximum number of APNs or bearers it can handle before selecting ideal modem for certain use case. Private networks are not having similar APN and bearer limitations than commercial public networks.

Thank you and sorry for creating headaches!

Any comments or answers for this relatively simple question?

Thanx!

Hi,
Thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
Instead of AT command, you can also use the Default. Script file in the dialing tool to configure APN. I hope this will help you.Thanks.