MC60 Second Sim usage

Hi, currently I am trying to use the second sim interface on the MC60 modules.
I have used the command AT+QDSIM=1 but after executing this command the module still replies +CME ERROR: 10(sim not inserted).
I have also tried restarting the module after sim switch command but still, AT+CPIN returns +CME ERROR: 10.
Does anybody here has tried using the dual sim interface of the mc60 module??
@Kyson @Max

1 Like

Dear Altamash,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forums.
Could you share more information with us? You use our EVB to test it or your own board ?
As you know that the module support SIM 1 by default, and you can use AT+QDSIM=1 to switch to SIM 2, you can try to send AT+CFUN=0, then AT+CFUN=1 to check whetehr the module can recognize the SIM2 if your already insert SIM 2 correctly. Thanks!

You use our EVB to test it or your own board ?

I am using my own board.

use AT+QDSIM=1 to switch to SIM 2, you can try to send AT+CFUN=0, then AT+CFUN=1 to check whetehr the module can recognize the SIM2 if your already insert SIM 2 correctly

Ok I will check and get back.
Thanks and Regards.
Altamash

Hello @Kyson,
I have tried the solution that you suggested but the result seems to be disappointing. I will attach a log of commands below for you to analyse.
Thanks

AT\r
\r\n
OK\r\n
AT+QDSIM=1\r
\r\n
OK\r\n
AT+CFUN=0\r
\r\n
+CPIN: NOT READY\r\n
\r\n
OK\r\n
AT+CFUN=1\r
\r\n
+CREG: 2\r\n
\r\n
+CPIN: NOT INSERTED\r\n
\r\n
OK\r\n
AT+CREG=1\r
AT+Q\r\nOK\r\nEXTUNSOL="SQ",1\r
\r\n
OK\r\n
AT+CPIN?\r
\r\n
+CME ERROR: 10\r\n
\r\n
+CSQN: 31, 0\r\n
\r\n
+CREG: 0\r\n
\r\n
NORMAL POWER DOWN \r\n
\r\n
AT+QICSGP=1,"airtelgprs.com"\r
\r\n
+CME ERROR: 3\r\n
\r\n
+CFUN: 1\r\n
\r\n
+CPIN: NOT INSERTED\r\n
\r\n
NORMAL POWER DOWN \r\n
\r\n
AT+CREG?\r
\r\n
+CREG: 0,0\r\n
\r\n
OK\r\n
\r\n
NORMAL POWER DOWN \r\n
\r\n
AT+CREG?

Hello
The above log is retrieved from the reception buffer of MCU.
Thanks and Regards.
Altamash

Dear Altamash,
If you use your own board, could you help to double check your hardware design to confirm whether the circuit is normal?
You also can use Oscilloscope to monitor the waveform of SIM_VDD/SIM_DATA/SIM_CLK. Thanks!

Hello @Kyson,
I have checked the hardware design and the board is not providing SIM Vdd to the SIM card.
Thanks and Regards.
Altamash

Dear Altamash,
Please restart the module with AT+CFUN=1,1 after you set AT+QDSIM=1 to enable the SIM2 interface. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Kyson,
I have tried what you suggested but it does not seem to work.
Thanks and Regards.

Dear Altamash,
If you can confirm your hardware design have no any issue, and try the method i have provided to you still can not solve your issue. Please try to contact our local FAE to get support, or you can send email to support@quectel.com. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. My hardware is as per reference design provided by quectel but i am not getting SIM1_VDD/SIM2_VDD. Both SIM VDD are low and not powering the sims.

Please help us to figure out this.

Dear Suman Bharti,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About your issue, it is better to check whether the module have power on normally, whether the AT command can sent and receive response ? If yes, you can send the following command to check the module status. And also please check you use which SIM card interface. Thanks!
ATI
AT+CFUN?
AT+CMEE=2
AT+CPIN?
AT+QDSIM?
AT+QSIMVOL?
AT+QSIMDET?

Thanks Kyson,
Yes module is responding to all AT commands (that mean its UART is working).
But it is not supplying SIM VDD to either SIM Card. I did several restarts, even it then it is not supplying SIM VDD.
I am using a 6 pin SIM card holder from Molex. Cross checked all connection and found them correct.
I tried connecting DTR to gnd as well but it also didnt worked.
Isnt module is supposed to start supplying SIM VDD to both sim cards after RESET through PWRKEY pin?

AT+CFUN is set as 1
AT+QDSIM (i tried with setting 0 & 1 both and in both SIM card slots as well)
AT+CPIN? is giving response as “SIM not inserted”
+QSIMVOL:0
+QSIMDET: 0,0,0

In short, since module is not delivering SIM VDD so it is not able to communicate with SIM cards.
Please help me with this.

Dear Suman Bharti,
Thanks for your updating.
About your issue, please try to use oscilloscope to monitor the SIM_VDD, SIM_CLK and SIM_DATA, and check whether there will have any output when power on module. Thanks!
And about the response “SIM not inserted”, you can check whether the SIM slot have any abnormal, such as rack of fusion, you can press it to have a try. Thanks!

Hi,
I saw on CRO, it supplies SIM VDD at power on but then immediately stops the SIM VDD supply.
I also tried enabling SIM DETEDTION on DTR pin (AT+QSIMDET=1,0,1), Same thing is happening in this case as well. When DTR is pulled down it tries to supply SIM VDD but stops it immediately.

If that, please check your hardware design of SIM card circuit, and double check whether just one module have such issue or many modules have such issue. Thanks!

hi there,
any success with your problem? could you find a solution?