MC60 problem with flashing firmware

Hi there,

I am facing a strange problem. Qflash is showing this, when I try to browse the cfg file.I had recently installed compiler and other dependencies. I am using Win 10 64-bit. Also, QFlash 4.8 is not working in my laptop.
Previouly, I was using Win 7 64-bit and there were no such issues.

FAIL, Error ROM 4, 0x10000000

However, when I am using old cfg there is no such issue.

When I am selecting old cfg file

Dear Sir,
You mean you can not load new cfg file, but can load old cfg file with Qflash 4.12 ?
I think you can check whether the SDK version is in accordance with the base firmware; then make sure the new SDK path have no any space or special character or Chinese character.

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I am using SDK version 1.6 and base firmware MC60CAR01A10. This is SDK path
E:\MC60_OpenCPU_GS3_SDK_V1.6_Eclipse\Release

Dear Sir,
The FW and SDK are normal, have no any problem. Please confirm whether can upgrade successful if you change another base FW, then try to upgrade the matched SDK, but please make sure the SDK have compiled successful. Thanks!

SDK have compiled successfully even I tried to use SDK with command version still same issue

These are logs what I got in build folder of SDK

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token (m' /usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1:if not exist build\gcc (md build\gcc)’
make.exe[1]: *** [CreateDir] Error 258
make: *** [all] Error 2

Also, I had checked the version of compiler using cmd

1 Like

Dear Sir,
Please make sure the GCC compiler you used is correct, and install path have no any issues. Please check the following picture, obviously, your compiler process is not correct, so please check your compiler tool in your side. Thanks!

The following link is the APP upgrade video in my side, you can have a look. Hopefully it is useful to you. Thanks!
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/Ea6gCyDW7lpBjk3DMLjKglQBWKz3Y5egLJ__QsH0AKXGgw?e=fw2T7l

Sir, where I am going wrong. I had no idea. I had downloaded GCC compiler from Quectel website only
https://www.quectel.com/ProductDownload/MC60_OpenCPU_SDK.html from this link.

I had verified my gcc version using cmd. It’s showing 4.7.2
Please help me. By using eclipse and cmd I had compiled on other laptop it’s successfully built without any issue. Previously, I was using Windows7 64-bit and everything was perfect.

Eclipse - after compile - Tab Make Target - click Build Target

Sir, I am clicking on build target after clicking on build.

after Build Target application BIN file have header like this
MC

Without this header you can not upload image to module

Can you please name the bin Viewer. Thank you in advance

UltraEdit https://www.ultraedit.com/

Thank You Sir. Will update you soon

This is what I am able to see through ultraedit

This add header to the application image
Untitled

OR you use other BIN

Thank You Sir for your prompt response. I will check it by the end of the day.

What should I do with it? I don’t have any idea. Can you please guide me?

Thank You @WizIO for you co-operation. Problem has been resolved. Anyone who face similar issue. Must install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

A big thanks to @WizIO

1 Like

@Kyson I have an open issue ( MC60 breaked after none modified custom fw flashed ) regarding a break MC60E dev board. As I have noticed in you App upgrade video, while flashing, clear Nv sysfiles stage is skipped. Can it be the cause of my problem? Is it possible to force the QFlash to clear nv sysfiles?

Dear Sir,
Clear NV files may cause your problem, but it is not must. I think you can flash a new firmware to have a try again.
Normally, Qflash tool will not clear NV files when upgrading by default. Thanks!