MC-60 giving error as +CME ERROR : 1

I have MC-60 module bought a year back. Tested them and was working fine. But I have bought the new one last week. The circuit and everything is same as the previous MC-60 but I am facing issues. My GPRS is not activating. I always get “+CGATT:0” when try to activate GPRS. And also I get error as “+CME ERROR=1” which says "No Connection to Phone ".

I am not getting what the error is. Please let me know

Dear Rohithadpad,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About your issue, it is better to provide your whole test AT log to us, then we can help you to solve it.
And you can check the difference between the old MC60 module and the new one, you can take a picture of the two modules, and check the difference in software with ATI command. Thanks!

Thank You for the reply.
I have just checked as following
AT

OK

+CREG: 0

AT+CREG?

+CREG: 1,0

OK
AT+CREG=1

OK
AT+CGATT?

+CGATT: 0

OK
AT+CGATT=1

+CME ERROR: 1

I have checked for the series number it is same as MC60CA-04-STD
Is there any difference in firmware?

Dear Rohithadppad,
Please follow up the below AT command sequence to provide your test AT log. Thanks!
ATI
AT+CREG?
AT+CGREG?
AT+CSQ?
AT+CPIN?
AT+COPS?
If the above command can return the correct value, it can prove that the module have attached the CS &PS network. And there is no need to send AT+CGATT=1 command. Thanks!

Hello,
I have done as you have said. But could not get the right values.

ATI

Quectel_Ltd
Quectel_MC60

Revision: MC60CAR01A12

OK
AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,0

OK
AT+CGREG?

+CGREG: 0,0

OK
AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 99,99

OK
AT+CPIN?

+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+COPS?

+COPS: 0

OK

Can You please guide me where the issue is?

Dear Rohithadpad,
From the log you provided, the module still cannot attach the network, so it will be error when you send AT+CGATT=1.
Please make sure whether you have connect the antenna, and use the right SIM card that can support GSM, and also use AT+CFUN? to check whether the module RF function have turn on normally, it should be return 1. Thanks!
The right value should be as following:
AT+CREG? /AT+CGREG? should be return 0,1 or 0,5.
AT+CSQ? should be return 0`31,99.
AT+COPS? should be return as the following value.

Hello,
I had a similar problem, and found the SIMCard to be flawed.
I recommend checking the SIMCard line, APN and physical integrity.
Hope this helps :slight_smile: