LG69T(AP) datatsheet

Hi Albert,

I am able to receive some data from LG69T AA. PF attached images.

Image 1

Image 2

As suggested in earlier reply, I gave command to change to NMEA and then RESET command even then the buffer data is as below. PF attached images.

Image 3

Image 4

I want to know whether the data(image 1,2) being received is in RTCM format?
Also, I request you to respond to message no. 19.
Also, I need to know why it is not advisable to switch to NMEA as it is not mentioned in datasheet. (message no.17)
When is the next firmware update scheduled?(message no.17)

Note: I also request you to reply through mail.

Regards,
Krishnaja.

Dear Sir

1. Check the hex format under 460800 baud rate. If it is the data beginning with D3 00, it is in RTCM format.
  2. The firmware update time may be late January next year.

Thanks!

hi,

I need the command for RESTART after switching to NMEA.

As suggested earlier, I gave reset command after switching to NMEA. But I am not getting NMEA sentence. Please find images 3 and 4 in message no. 21.

Please tell me how to get NMEA sentence output.

Regards,
Krishnaja.

Dear Albert,

can you provide an updated version of the Quectel_LG69T(AP)_GNSS_Protocol_Specification
document ?
My version is from 20191219 and is completely outdated.

Dear Sir
Please check the attachments, thanks!

Quectel_LG69T(AP)_GNSS_Protocol_Specification_V1.0_Preliminary_20200623A.pdf (405.7 KB)

Excellent! This is exactly what i needed.

As said in message no. 22. Any update regarding firmware update??

Hi I too am try to get RTCM data from a LG69TAAMD module.
The GPS is functional and I am able to receive GNGSA message an the like.
However at present the module just seems to echo back any command I send it.
for example

$PQTMCFGPORT,0,0*43

Will just respond with what I sent.
However I found that the $PSTMGETPAR,0*13 command will generate some kind of dump and other addresses i.e. $PSTMGETPAR,10*22 will generate a PSTMGETPARERROR. so I think the messages being sent are valid?

I have a feeling this modules FW is quite outdated as it is engraved with Engineering Sample and Q2-A0309.
Also the module sends PSTMVER,GNSSLIB_9.3.0.0_RC_ARM if that can date the FW.
So Is it possible to get RTCM messages out of this module?
Is the FW out of data and if so can/how do I update it?

Hope to have some more recent LG69TAP modules coming in so looking forward to try them out.
Thanks for your time.

LG69TAA is a “dumb” TeseoV receiver and supports either input/ouput MSM7+STMicro vendor RTCM
or $PSTM* NMEA messages. You can switch between RTCM and NMEA using binary STMicro vendor
messages referenced in this thread or using the Teseo-Suite GUI software available from STMicro.

1 Like

Dear Sir

Q2-A0309 is a very early hardware version, and the latest hardware version is Q2-0695. Please contact your local sales to request a new module.

Best Regards

1 Like