LC76G module and antenna switch

Hello,

on a new design we are working with LC76GPA (low power variant) with patch antenna integrated in the PCB and this will be the default primary antenna.

When we noticed the performances of the integrated antenna are not sufficient, we would like to switch to use external antenna.

Do you have any design example you can send me? or any help in general
Any RF switch that you tested and is working for my solution?

thank you in advance for any help!

Regards
C

Hello,

any input from someone?

thanks

Hi Cariltos,

Can you share me your patch antenna datasheet?

Please share me your hardware design through email.

My email is raphael.wu@quectel.com

Best regards.

Hello Raphael,

thank you with your feedback!

We haven’t still make any PCB/schematic design since before we was trying to understanding, consulting you if our idea is feasible.

For example we would like to use on the PCB antenna patch like this → https://www.quectel.com/product/yg0046aa-gnss-l1-pin-mount-antenna and external have the possibility to switch to this antenna → https://www.quectel.com/product/yegb000q1a-gnss-magnetic-bracket-glue-antenna for better performances.

We are trying to understand if you can help us with some RF switch suggestion.

We noticed that you called SPDT on your schema?

Thanks
Kind regards
C

Hi Carlitos,

I think you are now debugging on LC86G module with a patch antenna.

LC86G has an integrated antenna detection ciruit and it can detect if an external antenna is connected.

If an external antenna is connected, LC86G will automatically switch to the external one. And module will power the external antenna by EX_ANT pin.

Besides, you can manually control by sending $PQTMANTENNASTATUS to force the module using internal/external antenna.

Best regards.

Hello Raphael,

first of all thank you for detailed explanation!

No we are not using LC86G, but we want to create the same design but on our PCB as per customer request.
What I need from you is some indication or Part number suggestion about any RF switch I can use for my purpose.

My refers to the LC86G was that I’m looking from what you called SPDT on the block diagram.

Thank you in advance
BR
C

Hi Carlitos,

I will send you the SPDT model for reference.

LC76G module doesn’t support switching antenna integratedly. You need to design a RF circuit for this feature.

Best regards.

1 Like