LC29HBA upgrade

Hello Quectel Support Team,

I am currently developing a portable GNSS/RTK surveying device using the LC29HBA module, with an ESP32 microcontroller and NTRIP corrections.

My module currently reports the following chipset firmware identification:

AG3335A_V2.6.0.AG3335_20230509

I understand that a newer firmware version, LC29HBANR11A06S_CSA4, was released in 2026.

Could you please help me with the following questions?

  1. What is the latest official firmware version compatible with my specific LC29HBA module?

  2. Could you provide the release notes or changelog comparing my current firmware with the latest compatible version?

  3. Were there any improvements related to RTK accuracy, ambiguity resolution, FIX convergence time, multipath mitigation, multi-constellation processing, or NMEA/RTCM functionality?

  4. Is it possible to update my module using QGNSS? If so, could you provide the appropriate firmware package and upgrade instructions?

My main application is real-time RTK surveying at 1 Hz, using a multiband GNSS antenna and NTRIP corrections.

Thank you for your support!

Hello Quectel Support Team,

I would like to provide an important update regarding my previous post.

After connecting my LC29HBA module to QGNSS V2.5 and sending the $PQTMVERNO*58 command, I was able to identify the exact firmware version currently installed on my receiver.

The module returned the following response:

$PQTMVERNO,LC29HBANR11A02S_CSA2,2023/05/09,20:49:45*0A

Therefore, my current firmware is LC29HBANR11A02S_CSA2, not CSA4.

I understand that different firmware variants may have specific compatibility requirements, so I would like to confirm the latest official firmware version compatible with my specific LC29HBA receiver.

I would also like to request the complete firmware revision history (release notes/changelog) covering all intermediate versions between my current 2023 firmware and the latest compatible CSA2 release.

If possible, could you provide detailed information about the changes introduced in each firmware revision, particularly regarding:

  • RTK positioning accuracy and ambiguity resolution.

  • RTK FIX convergence time and solution stability.

  • Multipath mitigation and multi-constellation/multi-frequency processing.

  • NMEA and RTCM protocol changes, bug fixes and compatibility improvements.

  • Any other relevant performance improvements, known issues or configuration changes.

I am particularly interested in understanding which improvements were introduced in each intermediate version, rather than receiving only the release notes for the latest firmware.

Could you also provide the appropriate firmware package and upgrade instructions for my receiver, including confirmation that the update can be performed using QGNSS V2.5?

My main application is a portable real-time RTK surveying device using an ESP32, a multiband GNSS antenna and NTRIP corrections.

Att

Hi @AOKI_GABRIEL I have sent the latest FW version to your email. Please do let me know if you have received the FW package. You may find the changes made for each version from the Release Note in the zip file. Best regards,

Hi @mohamad.firdaus, Thank you for your help and attention.