LC29D documents and tools

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to provide the following information:

1. LC29D GNSS DR & RTK Application Note
  2. Quectel QGNSS User Guide for QGNSS v1.5.2
  3. QCOM Tool for communicating with the LC29D EVB
  4. QCOM User Guide
  5. GNSSFlashTool that can be used with the LC29D EVB (for example, v1.13 or the latest)
  6. Schematic and layout files for the LC29D EVB
  7. Is there a way to disable dead reckoning (for example, using a command) in LC29DAMD module, and only use dual-band GNSS (i.e., autonomous mode) for position output?
  8. Would it also be possible to provide all of the above for the L79D module?
  9. I am testing an evaluation board (LC29D-EVB_v1.2) along with QGNSS v1.5.2 Build 0608. The antenna used is the one that came with the evaluation board. It does not seem to detect Galileo satellites. Does the module require a newer special firmware to detect Galileo satellites?
  10. Is there a document that lists the commands that can be used to configure the LC29DAMD module?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
/patrik

Dear Sir
Sorry for the late reply.
The tools and documents mentioned in 2-6 and 10 above have been sent by email, please check.

For the documentation of point 1, please help provide the following information:
What product is it applied to? Two-wheeled vehicle (scooter, electric vehicle, etc.) or four-wheeled vehicle (car, etc.)

1. Is there a way to disable dead reckoning (for example, using a command) in LC29DAMD module, and only use dual-band GNSS (i.e., autonomous mode) for position output?
    ——Not currently supported.
  2. I am testing an evaluation board (LC29D-EVB_v1.2) along with QGNSS v1.5.2 Build 0608. The antenna used is the one that came with the evaluation board. It does not seem to detect Galileo satellites. Does the module require a newer special firmware to detect Galileo satellites?
    ——Galileo satellites generally require a longer search, such as ten minutes.
  3. Is there a document that lists the commands that can be used to configure the LC29DAMD module?
    ——Refer to the LC29D protocol document.

Best Regards

Hello Stone,

Thanks for your reply.

We would like to use this module in an application that does not have wheels. We are mostly interested in the dual-band capability and wanted to operate it in autonomous mode (without dead reckoning or RTK). Is this recommended?

In response to your reply (7), could you tell me what would happen if LC29DAMD is not fed with wheel speed input (wheelticks and FWD signals)? Would the device still work? Or is this mode of operation not recommended at all?

If we wish to evaluate a dual-band module for simple asset tracking (without any wheels), what module would you recommend? Should we go for LC79D instead?

Regarding (9), I have the GNSS protocol specification v1.0 (2021-01-19). This does not have any commands listed in it. Is there a newer version of this document?

Could you also send the latest firmware for the LC29DAMD module?

/patrik

Hello Stone,

I have not received the email yet.

Could you send it again?

/patrik

Dear Sir

We would like to use this module in an application that does not have wheels. We are mostly interested in the dual-band capability and wanted to operate it in autonomous mode (without dead reckoning or RTK). Is this recommended?
——There is no autonomous mode version yet.
In response to your reply (7), could you tell me what would happen if LC29DAMD is not fed with wheel speed input (wheelticks and FWD signals)? Would the device still work? Or is this mode of operation not recommended at all?
——It is not recommended to use this way.
If we wish to evaluate a dual-band module for simple asset tracking (without any wheels), what module would you recommend? Should we go for LC79D instead?
——Recommend LC79D or LC29H.
Regarding (9), I have the GNSS protocol specification v1.0 (2021-01-19). This does not have any commands listed in it. Is there a newer version of this document?
——No update at the moment. For configuration commands, please refer to section 3.6, which is the Bream protocol.

Best Regards

Dear Sir

The email has been resent, please check.

Best Regards

I have not received it. But I’ll wait and see. Thanks.
But perhaps I will evaluate LC79D then. I have a development board.
Could you tell me where can I find the latest documents and firmware for LC79D module?

/patrik

Dear Sir
If you do not receive it, please email me and I will reply to you again.
My email is: stone.chen@quectel.com

Best Regards