Latest Version of the EG25 Firmware

Unrelated topic? I have a dozen EG25 modems and this topic is the most recently active one for people to ask for firmware updates for the EG25 modem. How much more on topic can this get?

The lastest one is EG25GGBR07A08M2G_30.203.30.203.
Please check the message.

RE: Latest Version of the EG25 Firmware - Quectel Forums

I’m not saying you’re asking irrelevant questions. I’m talking about the GPS thing.

The forums is Quectel’s customer service forum. For a post that has been unanswered for a long time,
Quectel will have someone check it every week. But if it’s a follow-up, your question will be easily ignored.

For questions that have already been answered, the Quectel assistant will assume that the issue has been resolved.

30% of the people on this forum should be asking for firmware, driver, and documentation. These should have been released at the time of your purchase, such as the latest firmware, Quectel’s dealer has the latest firmware. Some things, such as data and documentation and Linux drivers, our leadership felt it was not appropriate to release to everyone, and we would only release them to our customers. We can’t change the situation.

Ah, you didn’t use the reply function so I was unable to intuit the context of your remark, apologies. Thanks a bunch for actually sending me the firmware too, we’re hoping that this resolves an urgent issue in our setup :slight_smile:

The problem with our modems is that we bought them through a third or fourth-party supplier and are now using them in a different way than originally intended, hence we lack all documentation (since that was never in the scope of the original acquisition) and are stuck scouring the internet for any traces of info we can dig up.

It’s just a really weird business practice, especially since anyone can ask on the forums, too. If I lied and didn’t actually have any modems, what would happen then? It seems like a rather arbitrary choice which directly inhibits clients from working with the products properly. Alas, us small fish can’t really change anything about this situation, aside from perhaps choosing a different company for our modems next time around.

In any case, thank you for pulling through, this is a massive help!

The information on Quectel forum was not released by me and a lot of it is out of date.
We respond to questions on the forum as my work. Our responses to questions on the forum are not measured by how many clients I help solve problems, but simply by how many replies I make. I don’t think Quectel’s approach is good either. Much information and documentation should be made public as much as possible, which costs the company nothing, saves manpower and gives Quectel a good reputation. I’m sure Quectel will do that in the future.
Quectel also provides forums, how many other module manufacturers provide forums? I still think Quectel’s products are the best.
I just suggest that you create your own topic as much as possible, and Quectel will have someone working on it within a week at the latest. Of course, there are some that are missed for statistical reasons.
Expect your empathy.

@herbert.pan-Q Hi, can I also have the lattest fimware? Cheers