EC20

OK
AT+CGMR
EC20EQAR02A04E2G

OK

@herbert.pan-Q @Support-team

I just got an EP06-E as well that might deserve a new firmware

I have sent it to your email,pls check

I got the firmware for EP06-E, thanks. But not for my EC20.

Please provide the current firmware version

AT+QGMR

This is what I got:

AT
OK
AT+QGMR
ERROR
AT+CGMR
EC20EQAR02A04E2G

OK

I have sent it to your email,pls check

Got the firmware. What tool do I use to flash this firmware to my EC20?

[000.000]: Version: QFirehose_Linux_Android_V1.4.9
[000.000]: Cann't find md5.txt in ../EC20EQAR02A13E2G, Please check it!

Solved it.

1. Bought a minipcie-adapter to usb
  2. Connect the modem to a windows computer
  3. Install all the drivers I could find
  4. Run Quectel_Customer_FW_Download_Tool_V4.48 and have it fail halfway through
  5. Realise that the modem now is in fastboot-mode and windows won’t detect it (usb 0x18d1 0xd00d / 18d1:d00d) and QFlash won’t see the modem anymore
  6. After a lot of googling, find that the google usb drivers for android can be forced to be installed on the device, pick the one for “Android Bootloader Interface”
  7. Run QFlash V4.19, this time successfully flashing the new firmware

Even if the new firmware didn’t solve my initial “issue”. Trying to get the modem to use both ipv4 and ipv6. This works on my EP06-E. Have to buy another of those instead.

Hello @Gnitset , would you be able to please elaborate on your comment:
"After a lot of googling, find that the google usb drivers for android can be forced to be installed on the device, pick the one for “Android Bootloader Interface”

I have the google usb drivers, but the android_winusb.inf file does not have a match for the VID/PID 18d1:d00d. How were you able to force windows to install a driver?

Thank you!

I did something similar to this post Redirecting

Im traveling and only have my phone right now, sorry I can’t give a bettet instruction.

Thanks for replying, it didn’t work for me because the VID/PID isn’t in the inf file I downloaded from Android Studio.

I hated doing this because one really has no idea where these driver come from, but I found a driver here: USB VID_18D1&PID_D00D.DeviceDescTest (other devices) drivers for Windows that allowed the device to enumerate and allow fastboot to function.