L96NR01A02S I2C problem

I purchased a L96NR01A02S Module (v2.1) for prototyping as the datasheet said that UART and I2C could be used with it. UART is working fine.
But as I tried to interface with I2C nothing worked. To my surprise my measurements yielded that the same data that was present on the UART TX was also sent on the I2C_SDA Pin but as a UART Baudrate 9600 Signal. I first thought that the chip was somehow configured to have 2 UARTs but the pin I2C_SCL does not seem to receive UART packets.

I found that the Hardware Design v1.3 Datasheet says: “I2C interface is supported only on firmware versions ended with SC.”
How can I know which firmware I have? PMTK Query results in “$PMTK705,AXN_5.10_3333_17102400,0008,Quectel-L96,1.0*35”

Or how do I get I2C working at all?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Greetings Thomas

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Please send $PQVERNO,R*3F to get quectel FW info, thanks!

HI

I have also similar problem.
My L96 GNSS module’s firmware version is: L96NR01A02S,2017/12/01
A would like to work with I2C, but the firmware version doesn’t end with SC (I think so).
How can I upgrade my module’s firmware?

Thanks!

Greeting, Erika

Dear Etunyogi,
Please download the firmware and upgrade tools from the link below:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/europe-fae_quectel_com/Ej1P2fhs471LupIfteXtjwEBNbkaUOPYTCZCAs0cSSxC0Q?e=zoPpji

Regards

1 Like

Dear Berton.Peng,

I have not managed to upgrade my L96 module’s firmware.
I tried with Falsh Tool but an error occured.
“[BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly target power up too early.”

I use a Sparkfun USB UART modul for upgrade ( RX/TX pin) , but my L96 module is embedded to a self designed electronic panel.
Thanks for suggestions!

Greetings,

Dear Etunyogi,
Sorry, the upgrade tool is too old to use. Please download a new upgrade tool FlashTool_exe_v4.1.0 from provided link.
The baud rate of upgrade can be 460800 bps.

Regards