L96 M33 Module Data Issue

Hii there,
Need Help
I have already brought the GNSS module from elemental14. But not able to get data even in the outside area. Everytime getting the reading 0,0,0,… . How to set the fix time and cordinates in the GNSS module. I tried some PowerGPS software to download the EPO file and upload but it showing fail t0 update register and again disconnect the com port.
Now I am not able to get even the GNRMS 0,0,0 data. Not able to send the PMTK command to module.
We have to switch to another GNSS module if this problem of receiving the data not resolved. We already brought in bulk but now about to replace.
Please solve the issue.

@Raphael-Q
Kindly look into this

Hi @Sandesh_Kale

1. L96 does not support GNRMS statements.
  2. Please use “$PQVERNO,R*3F” command to check the version of the module and let me know.
  3. Please use QGNSS tool for testing. QGNSS download link: QGNSS_V1.10_CN | 移远通信 (quectel.com.cn)
  4. Please provide your email address and I will send you the relevant information via email.

$PQVERNO,R,L96NR01A02S,2017/12/01,18:2268
Actually it is GNRMC
When I send the command to module it bounce back to me on terminal.
I tried with another same module but every time when we turn on the module it start with
$GPRMC,235942.895,V,0.00,0.00,050180,N,V
$GPVTG,0.00,T,M,0.00,N,0.00,K,N32
$GPGGA,235942.895,0,0,M,M,47
$GPGSA,A,1,1
$GPGSA,A,1,2
$GPGSV,1,1,00,065
$GLGSV,1,1,00,1
$GPGLL,235942.895,V,N*75
and we does not get correct after a long time also. And after the hot start also same data we got.
Regards,
Sandesh Kale
Here is my email id: kalesandesh66@gmail.com

@AnnaLiu
Kindly help in this.

Hi @Sandesh_Kale

1. Are you using an active or passive antenna?
  2. Can you provide a photo of the module and antenna after they are connected? If possible, please also provide a photo of the test environment.
  3. Your version is very old. I will send you the latest software by email. You can try it again.
  4. If the content you send is the same as the content you receive, please check whether your TX and RX are short-circuited.
  1. I am using the internal antenna only not any external.
  2. Just we had soldered the RX TX pin, VCC GND, and shorted the RF_IN and RF_OUT as we are not using any external antenna. It is tested on open environment and the output came.
  3. I received your mail.
  4. It might be the firmware issue that might be flashed out from the module by some reason. I downloaded the firmware and Now its working.
    Do you have any sample PCB except EVB board so that we can connect the external antenna and make a PCB ?

Hi @Sandesh_Kale
Glad your module is working fine.
If you need PCB samples, please contact your local sales or FAE, they should be able to provide you with the corresponding module.