L86 - Power Modes

Dear,

I have some questions about putting the L86 in different Power Modes.

How to completely power down the L86 device (even no Backup Mode)?
Or is Backup Mode the lowest power consumption that we can achieve?
How can we put the device in permanent Backup Mode and wake it up when needed?

Additional information
When I use this command: $PMTK225,4*2F (according to the manual this means ‘Perpetual Backup mode’), I get no response from the device. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Frederic.

Dear Frederic,

1. How to completely power down the L86 device (even no Backup Mode)?
    [S] Only cut off all the power supply of L86 VCC and V-bckp, which mean L86 is completely powered off, and AGPS coouldn’t be used.
    Or is Backup Mode the lowest power consumption that we can achieve?
    [S】 If you’d like keep AGPS function while low power mode, backup mode is the lowest solution.

2. How can we put the device in permanent Backup Mode and wake it up when needed?
    [S] Please cut off VCC and keeping V_BCKP alive to make L86 into backup mode, the power consumption should only be 7uA.
    When you need to wake up L86, please power on VCC.

3. When I use this command: $PMTK225,42F (according to the manual this means ‘Perpetual Backup mode’), I get no response from the device. Is this normal behaviour?
    [S] No, module should response $PMTK001,225,3
    35 before entering into backup. Which baudrate do you use? It should be 9600bps by default.

Sammy,
thanks for the update.

We are now cutting off the VCC and works as described.

I did not check point 3. So not sure this is working or not.
We receive answers for other commands.

Hello,
I have the same issue : cmd $PMTK225,4 2F does not always respond but the device goes lower power. I’m not reaching 7uA but 700uA power consumption even whe the command respond correctly
Can you help ?

To answer your question to the other person, the UART is 9600bps
Paul

1 Like

So … for people having the same issue … do not wast your time like me. The Hardware_Design_v1.2 gives the answer : Backup Mode normal consumption is 840uA … Basically it means the related inetrnal circuitry is not working.