L80/L86 AlwaysLocate Mode?

I’m using both the L80 and L86 modules (w/ patch antenna) in a product which is battery powered (3xAA). It’s not moving rapidly - generally either stationary or used while hiking.

I’ve had good luck with AlwaysLocate reducing the power consumption - but it seems at times that accuracy during a hike/walk can be compromised. I’ve seen other references in the forum on AlwaysLocate not being recommended, but was curious if that’s still true in my application which doesn’t require high update rates.

Thanks!
-Tim

Hi timsterc
Always locate mode is an automatic peiodic power save mode. The GPS will adjust the run/sleep duration according to enviroment and motion conditons
to achieve banlance of positioning accuracy and power consumption in always locate mode.
Due to hardware limitation, the GPS will wake up every 2047 seconds and enter sleep stage again if the required stage duration is bigger than 2047 ms.
Always locate mode has not been tested in detail internally, so it is not recommended to use.
Periodic standby mode can also achieve low power consumption function, and the running time and sleep time are controlled by you.