L76 - Acceleration Restriction Theory

I recently read the product description of the L76(-L) because im interested in using this product in my future projects. One thing came up where i don’t know how to categorise the information:

It says in the product sheet: Maximum Acceleration: 4g

Actually that’s not very comforting bcs im planning to use the chip way beyond 4g. So my question now is:

What happens which the chip at accelerations above 4g?
Is the variety of calculated position wider than?
Or worse: Are >4g even destroying the chip?

Can’t wait to read the comments, cheers Luca

Hi Luca,

Acceleration: 4g is not the max value, it is a conservative value.
L76(-L) couldn’t destroy when acceleration is larger than 4g, don’t worry.
The worst case is that module may not get position if accerelation is much larger than 4g but we haven’t test the max value yet.
Could you tell me the application of your future product? What’s the max accerelation?

Hi Sammy! First, thanks for the quick response.
Actually the project is financed by our Country so I think it wouldn’t be a good idea to publish the application here.
I’ll send you a pm after that post where I will roughly explain what we are trying to do and maybe we can help with some professional tests to find out what happens beyond 4g.
To sum up: At the moment it is not likely that the chip get destroyed at practical g’s even if it’s beyond the magical 4g.
Thanks

Edit: He sammy, i dont get along with the messages here. Any chance i can contact you?

Hi Luca,

Of course, if any technical question, please send email to: support@quectel.com.