Is RM521F-GL abandoned? No firmware updates to be seen

Is the RM521F-GL a dead product? Hasn’t been any firmware updates at all since launch of the engineering sample. Is quectel going to abandon this and go straight to X72,X75?

Dear @Kinopu
Sorry, as checked internally, due to some reason, RM521F-GL had stopped to produce. Currently, there is no plan to update the firmware.

What about your YouTube channel advertisements of this product? Of course you have no credibility at all. We spend hundreds of dollars for a product then you abandon it in a matter of months. Well I guess I deserve it because I thought you were to be trusted. Shame on you Quectel.

2 Likes

Yeah, I will probably stop buying Quectel products until they release multiple firmware for it. I trusted that they would support their products but I won’t make the same mistake twice.

2 Likes

Dear @Kinopu @Semsem
Sorry for this, due to some change in strategy.
But if you have any questions, we will support and check if there are some workaround to solve your issue.
If you don’t want to use it, please contact with your provider and check whether they can accept the return.

It is recommended to buy mass production, it is stable than engineer sample and we will continuously update the firmware.

@silvia

For my information
is this will happen also to RM551E (X75) later ? …

1 Like

Quectel is not to be trusted again with hardware support. They can easily tell you what will make you reassured now so you go and buy their product. After they have completely sold their units they can then stop support again.

1 Like

Dear @Majid_Alzahrani
X75 is under developing.

Dear @Semsem
Sorry for the trouble.
For RM521F, there is some strategy, the firmware don’t be updated now. But the support doesn’t stop, if you have any questions, you can contact with your provider or our, we will try our best to solve.

Let’s be honest. There is no support when you don’t release firmware updates.

2 Likes

This man is saying wisdoms
Agree 100% , They can’t solve issues of modem without proper Firmware…