Instructions to enable SUPL on EG25-G

Hi,

could you please provide instructions to enable SUPL functionality using AT commands?

Hi @AndreySV
AT+QGPSCFG=“suplver”[,<SUPL_version>]

@lyman-Q thanks for the answer.
We are trying to enable SUPL functionality using following steps

AT+QGPSEND
AT+QGPSCFG="lbsapn",16,1,"INTERNET.PROVIDER.COM"
AT+QGPSCFG="suplver",2
AT+QGPSSUPLURL="supl.google.com:7276"
AT+QGPSCFG="plane",0
AT+QGPS=1,2

INTERNET.PROVIDER.COM is the same APN used for mobile data.
We’ve tried to replace “supl.google.com:7276” with our public server “EXTERNAL_IP:7276” to check whether EG25-G tries to connect to supl server. But there was no any connection to our server. Could you please help, what we are missing to enable SUPL functionality?

Hi @AndreySV
Can other devices connect to this server? EXTERNAL_IP:7276

I can connect to this server from the device through EG25-G over 4G using following command

nc EXTERNAL_IP 7276

And I see successful connection to the server, but I don’t see any connection attempt, when I try to setup SUPL.

Are there any conditions (activate context, visible satellites, …) to start SUPL connection?
Are default settings ok? Should I change ‘AT+QGPSCFG=“agpsposmode”’ or defaults are good?

Similar question: Determine if SUPL is working on EG25-G - #5 by Raphael-Q

To initiate connection AT+QGPS=2 should be used.

Is it possible to reset “lbsapn” setting?

AT+QGPSCFG="lbsapn"
  1. Something was with some nvram settings of the particular EG25-G module. After resetting settings using following command
    AT+QPRTPARA=3 connection to SUPL server started to work.

2. AT+QGPSCFG="lbsapn" is not needed.

3. Following steps are enough

AT+QGPSEND
AT+QGPSCFG="suplver",2
AT+QGPSSUPLURL="supl.google.com:7276"
AT+QGPSCFG="plane",0
AT+QGPS=2

After that AT+QGPSGNMEA="GSV" returns non-empty list of messages almost immediately.

1. If ‘supl.google.com:7276’ is changed to own public IP server, then it’s possible to see connection attempt
$ while true; do echo ""; echo "next"; nc -4 -lt 7276; echo "done"; sleep 1; done;