How to set lte band

Hi:
I have EC20 and EC25 modules.
I use at+qcfg=“band” to set lte band. it is working. however when I want to reset the band to default, the value “7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” is not working. I need to set the accurate value like “80080000dd” or “1e200000095”. but I don’t want to remember the default value of each different model. is there a general way to reset lte band to default value?

I also want to lock the connection type to “lte+wcdma” only. reading the
AT command manual, I only found AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode” and AT+QCFG=“nwscanseq”. but after browsing the quectel forum, I found there are more command like “AT+QCOPS” . where can I find these command?

thanks a lot for your help!!

Dear D_tbsky,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum. About your question, please check the following answers. Thanks!
1.you can try to use the following command to reset the setting to default.
AT+QPRTPARA=3

2.If you want to lock the connection to LTE+WCDMA, you just can try to use AT+QCFG=“nwscanseq”, the command AT+QCOPS cannot lock it, just can used for scan the current Available Networks. Thanks!

test on one of the module
ati
Quectel
EC25
Revision: EC25AUFAR02A04M4G

AT+QPRTPARA=3
ERROR

do I need to upgrade firmware?

yes I have tried to use AT+QCFG=“nwscanseq”, to use the value “0403010205” or “0304010205” for locking. but I can not lock only “0403” or “0304”, the end “010205” must always there. or I miss something to lock only the sequence I want?

Dear D_tbsky,
Please try to use AT+QPRTPARA=? to confirm whether the firmware can support it. If it return the error, it may can not support it, you can try to upgrade the firmware. Please email to support@quectel.com to get the latest firmware and upgrade tool.
Just as you have said that there is no such command can just lock LTE+WCDMA, the command nwscanseq just can specifies the sequence of searching network, and nwscanmode just can lock to LTE only or WCDMA only. Thanks!

AT+QPRTPARA=?
+QPRTPARA: (1-4)

OK
AT+QPRTPARA=3
ERROR

I think I will try another modules.

Hi:
I found another EC25-AU, and AT+QPRTPARA=3 is working fine. however I search the forum and it said that command should not be used too often, better use AT+QCFG=“nvrestore”,0. although that command is not there for EC25. I wonder why the documented lte band value “7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” won’t work. is there other value means “any band”?

and my EC25-AU have band below:
at+qcfg=“band”
+QCFG: “band”,0xff,0x80080000df,0x0

if I change the last value from “0x0” to “0x21”, how can I change it back?
at+qcfg=“band”,0,0,0,1 won’t do it. how can I write the value “0” to band settings?

thanks a lot for help!

Dear D_tbsky,
If you want to change back the band, you can try the following methods:

1. Use the command AT+QPRTPARA=3, but we do not recommend you to use it too often;
  2. Use the command AT+QCFG=“band” to reset it again, but you should save the default parameters by yourself;
  3. You can try to reflash the firmware.
    The most important is that you should change the band setting by yourself, or it may cause the module cannot register on network normally. Thanks!

yes I understand I should not use “AT+QPRTPARA=3”. since it not only reset the band but everything to default. I will remember the default value of every model if no common value like “7FFFFFFFFFFF” exists.(maybe the AT command document should be fixed since 7FFFFFFFFFFFFF is not working)

howerver I still want to know how to write “0x0” to band. some of the models default to “0x21” of tdsbandval.
I would like set all of them to “0x0” if possible.

thanks a lot for help!

Thanks for your suggestions, i will feedback your requirement to our R&D, they will confirm whether can add it. Thanks!
We do not recommend you to change the band setting, you should know that the module support which band not only depends on the AT setting, but also depends on the hardware design. Thanks!

thanks for your help. I didn’t add any extra band, but shrink the band to only what I want, I think it is ok? sometimes the band auto scan would cause trouble. in reality, I have a EC20 module can not connect to LTE in specific environment and condition, until I lock the band to correct one.

Please note that the module scan will not cost long time except the network have some issues, lock band may be can help you sometimes, but it can not solve your root issue. Thanks!

Yes. all these are prepare for exceptional condition under mass deployment.

AT+QCFG=“band”
+QCFG: “band”,0x260,0x5,0x0
i get this whta this mean

Hello,

Is there a tool to use to calculate the AT+QCFG=“band”?

This is what I found, but I do not know they arrived at the command.

I have a EC25 and I want the module not to use B2.

I want to use B12 and B71.
I found this for Band 4 and Band 12 AT+QCFG=“band”,0,808,1

How can I add Band 71 to it?

Thank You, Wally

AT+QCFG=“band”[,,,] (0 = No change)
e.g.: 0x15 = 0x1 (LTE B1) + 0x4 (LTE B3) + 0x10 (LTE B5)
eg.: 0x80005=0x1(LTEB1)+0x4(LTE B3)+0x80000(LTE B20)
0x400000000000000000 (LTE71) + 0x800 (LTE12) = 0x400000000000000800 so put AT+QCFG="band"0,400000000000000800,0

1 Like

Please also see my post on this topic: Can someone explain how command AT+QCFG="band" works?(ec200t) - #2 by snowgum

I made a spreadsheet, below, however limitations with Google Sheet’s functions (numeric precision?) means the maximum LTE channel this calculator can handle is B39. Perhaps a smarter person can evolve this sheet, but the basics are here.