How to send and receive SMS Messages on Quectel module

This is demo video of how to send/receive SMS via AT command. DUT used in this demo is EC25-V.
Welcome to raise your questions here.

Tips: ASCII code of CTRL+Z is 0x1a

1 Like

This is demo video of how to send/receive SMS via AT command. DUT used in this demo is EC25-V.
Welcome to raise your questions here.

Tips: ASCII code of CTRL+Z is 0x1a

i’m a newbie using ec25-e, I do the same way but i can’t input the message after “>”, could you tell me where i’m wrong?

Please give more detail about what you’re doing.

If command echo is on (ATE1), do you see the text characters echoed?

Are you terminating the text with <ctrl-Z> correctly?

yes i set ATE1 and see the echoed text, after input my number in the command AT+CMGS=" " and send, then i write the sms and ctrl+z but it doesn’t appear on the QCOM, the ESC still can cancel, then it return +CMS ERROR: 350

How are you entering the <ctrl-Z>?

Interactively, by pressing “z” while holding the <Ctrl> key down? Or by entering the character into software or an application?

after doing these steps in QCOM, and i click after the message and press CTRL+Z as you said, then after a while, +CMS ERROR: unknown error appears, am i miss any initial setup for the module before sending sms?

Capture
could you tell me instead of sending Ctrl+Z on the keyboard, what should i send if using uart?

To me, this makes it look like the <ctrl-Z> character is getting to the modem, but the modem is unable to submit the SMS to the SIM’s message centre for some other reason.

Are you able to send SMSs when using this SIM in another device?

thank you, i somehow made it with another SIM, but i have a problem that instead of sending Ctrl+Z on the keyboard, what should i send if using uart connect to stm32 microcontroller?

<ctrl-Z> is ASCII character 0x1A (26 decimal, 32 octal). In Linux scripting, that’s \x1a or \032

In other languages, it might be given as chr(26) or ^z

1 Like