How to measure Data Rates and throughput using AT Commands

Hello,
are there any AT commands or a procedure (using AT) to measure the upload and download data rates and/or just throughput?

Dear nostra,

Thank you for your inquiry in Quectel forum, at present, we have not yet delveloped AT command used to measure Data Rates, but we have test report and technical document, the following data rate is only for your reference. it is BC66 module
Thanks

1 Like

Dear nostra,

these values are theoretical value, acutal data transmission rate is decided by many factors, for example, system bandwidth, UE resource allocation, wireless channel quality and so on.

1 Like

Thank you for the response.
What about testing bandwidth or throughput? I mean, if I want to validate the end to end network, can I do this using using Ping or TCP or UDP or HTTP or FTP etc?

Dear nostra,

yes dear, of course you can do this

Dear nostra,

Please connect module to PC with USB device, and then install iperf tool to measure data rate and thoughput under TCP or UDP mode.
thanks

Can you please point us to a document on how to run that? I could find how to send and receive a message via TCP or UDP but no luck with using it to measure the throughput!

Dear nostra,

You can refer to the attached two documents:
Quectel_LTE_Standard_TCP(IP)_Application_Note_V1.1.pdf (445.1 KB)
Quectel AG35CEVA CPU Loading_V2.0_20181129.pdf (479.3 KB)

1 Like