How to get the GPS Info for RM502Q-AE 5G module?

How to get the GPS info (longitude, latitude, NSAT_GPS, NSAT_GLONASS ) for RM502Q-AE 5G module? In the RG50xQ&RM5xxQ Series AT Commands Manual, i am not able to find any AT Command related to GPS info.

1 Like

Quectel_RG50xQ&RM5xxQ_Series_GNSS_Application_Note_V1.2.pdf (490.0 KB)

Thank you for sharing the document. But Still I am not getting the GPS location info.
Below are the sequence of AT Commands i have tried along with result.
AT+QGPS?
+QGPS: 1

OK
AT+QGPSLOC?
+CME ERROR: 516
AT+QGPSGNMEA=“GGA”
+QGPSGNMEA: $GPGGA,0,*66

OK
AT+QGPSLOC?
Can you let me know the correct sequence so that i can get the GPS location info. I have places module to sky facing and connected GPS antenna.

Which antenna port have you got the GPS antenna attached to? My documentation says it should be ANT3.

That GNSS pdf file makes no mention of AT+QGPSLOC? as a supported command (although it works on my RM500Q-AE).

The read syntax is AT+QGPSLOC=<mode> where <mode> is one of 0, 1 or 2.

I have tried the AT+QGPSLOC= values of mode=0/1/2. But still i am receiving +CME Error: 516. Is there any alternate AT Command other than AT+QGPSLOC to get GPS location related info?

As I understand it, a persistent error 516 indicates missing or weak GPS signal.

I would check again that the antenna is suitable for GPS frequencies and that it is firmly plugged into the correct antenna socket.

No additional AT commands are required.

Hi, Thank you for the suggestions. I have connected GPS antenna at ANT3 port.

Following frequencies supported by GPS antenna- 698 to 960MHz, 1561MHz, 1575.42MHz, 1602MHz, 1710 to 2700MHz.

Firmware Revision: RM502QAEAAR11A04M4G.

Still I am getting