How to enable Sensor I2C i.e I2C-4 bus in SC600T

Hi,
I am working on SC600T EVM board, and I have connected LSM6DS3 accelerometer Sensor on SENSOR_I2C_SCL (Pin number 131) and SENSOR_I2C_SDA (Pin number 132)
I have Following questions

1. is it true that specific pins are fixed for specific i2c buses ( like pin 131 and pin 132 for i2c bus 4)?
  2. i2c bus 4 is not enabled by default in SC600T so how to enable it? (i2c-4 is not present in /dev/ )
  3. Driver for LSM6DS3 are available by default in SC600T SDK?
  4. where can I find sample code for accessing LSM6DS3 (Connected on Sensor bus i.e i2c bus 4 )
    from android studio.
1 Like

For sensor i2c, we don’t need configure it in kernel.
if you want add a new sensor, just tell our FAE.
we can’t support this question on forums.
thank you for your understanding

1 Like

hi,

Thank you for quick reply.

1. i have connected LSM6DS3 accelerometer sensor on sensor i2c bus , then what is the procedure to read and write registers of LSM6DS3 ?
  2. what is the i2c bus number of sensor i2c (i.e i2c-1 ,i2c-2 etc) .
  3. when i go to the /dev/ directory to access the sensor i2c bus , i can’t find inode related to sensor i2c , only i2c-2 ,i2c-3,i2c-5 are present

sorry, sensor-i2c is on BP side. So you will not find under /dev/.

1 Like

hi,
can you provide any documents or reference how to access this i2c bus from user space , i want read and write register of LSM6DS3 sensor.

you can see that we can’t read register on AP side.
if you want control sensor, you need use qmi.
But we can’t provide source code for BP side.
And we can’t provide the QXDM that is a tool to open the log come form BP side.
So if you want use a sensor, just write a Email to our LOCAL FAE.
Quectel will help you do that.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for quick reply.
1)In above diagram what is ADSP and AP android ? both are present in same SOC ?
2)if i want to communicate with Sensor i2c bus then i will have to communicate through ADSP ?
3)Sensor I2C bus is only available to ADSP processor ? this bus can not be used as a normal i2c bus which is found under /dev/i2c ?
4)In my application i am not using touch screen so can i connect accelerometer sensor to I2C-2 or I2c-3 ?
5) what changes i will have to make in kernel to use sensor on i2c-2 bus

Hi,
We are looking for technical reference manual or user guide for SC600T on your website ,but we didn’t find it , so can you provide link to download technical reference manual or user guide for SC600T

Thank you

sorry for delay. I have too many works.

1)In above diagram what is ADSP and AP android ? both are present in same SOC ?
==>yes
2)if i want to communicate with Sensor i2c bus then i will have to communicate through ADSP ?
==> yes
3)Sensor I2C bus is only available to ADSP processor ?
==>yes
this bus can not be used as a normal i2c bus which is found under /dev/i2c ?
==>can be release, But we don’t advise to do that.
4)In my application i am not using touch screen so can i connect accelerometer sensor to I2C-2 or I2c-3 ?
==>you’d better not do that. So the best way for you is to change the hardware design
5) what changes i will have to make in kernel to use sensor on i2c-2 bus
==>you don’t have permission to do that. the code for ADSP is confidential.

1 Like

hi ,
let me know if this things are correct
i2c Sensor Bus - present on aDSP?
i2c bus (2,3 and 5) - present on Application processor(AP)

1. i2c-2 ,i2c-3,i2c-5 are present on qualcomm soc not on aDSP ? so can i access them using /dev/i2c*?
  2. and i2c-2 and i2c-3 are used for touch screen , in our application we are not using touch screen , so can i connect accelerometer sensor SCL and SDA lines to SCL and SDA of i2c-2 or i2c-3 directly
  3. for this do i need to make changes in device tree i.e in i2c node remove child node for touch screen and add child node for accelerometer sensor

Thank you

Hi ,
now We have connected LSM6DS3 Accelerometer SCL and SDA lines to TP0_I2C_SCL and TP0_I2C_SDA line. Do we need to change any thing in the kernel device tree so that TP0 and accelerometer does not conflict.

Hi ,

Please reply its urgent

thank you

you can’t connect sensor with TP-I2C, LSM6DS3 can only connect sensor I2C, thanks!