How stable to run EC-200U-EU in Linux and open source platform?

Hi,

Sorry for the FAQ, I need to run 4G LTE for IoT data communication in Linux and oFono platform 24 / 7 environment, has anyone tested EC-200U in Linux platform and oFono QMI prototol?

In 24 / 7 operations, it is no doubts that the LTE registration can be disconnected, how stable that oFono can manage EC-200U to be reconnected?

Last, has anyone test SSH tunneling to remotely log in to the device via 4G LTE network interface, how stable it is to run commands in Linux SSH console?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

• JH

Hi @OpenEmbeddedDevelope

sorry,i didn’t quit understand what you means.
1- For QMI, it is only applicable to Qualcomm platform, EC200U is RDA platform.
2- For oFono,EC200U don’t support such function and we haven’t debugged it.
3- EC200U is an RTOS system, it does not have a background login management system, like adb, so SSH cannot log in to EC200U

Thanks
Puck

Hi Puck,

Thanks for your response, please see my inline comments.

sorry,i didn’t quit understand what you means.

As I mentioned I was talking about supporting quectel 4G LTE device in oFono using QMI protocol.

1- For QMI, it is only applicable to Qualcomm platform, EC200U is RDA platform.

No really, QMI protocol is used in oFono, there are many 4G LTE chips are supported QMI in oFono, please check oFono plugin, you will see details.

2- For oFono,EC200U don’t support such function and we haven’t debugged it.

There are quectel and quectelqmi setup in oFono, if it is not for EC200U, which quectel 4G LTE chips are supported in oFono under the quectel and quectelqmi setup?

3- EC200U is an RTOS system, it does not have a background login management system, like adb, so SSH cannot log in to EC200U

If Quectel only supports EC200U for RTOS, then it is a wrong chip, we cannot use it. Thank you for your advice.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

jh

Hi @OpenEmbeddedDevelope

To be honest, we are really unfamiliar with oFono. Unless there are customers who have used it, we may learn some information during the support process, because you also mentioned the use requirements of QMI. Although QMI is cross-platform, but it is In terms of underlying development, if you want to use QMI, it must be based on Qualcomm platform products.
I think the 4G products base the Qualcomm platform should be able to meet your requirements, such as EC21, EC25, etc.

Hope those can help you

Br,
Puck

Thanks for your advice, is it correct that EC21 is for 4G LTE CAT 1, right? Looked at it, theLTE bandwidth is 10Mbps and uplink rates of 5Mbps is the maximum, what is the normal consistent bandwidth? I need to run SSH tunneling on CAT 1, if the bandwidth is too low or varied too much that won’t work, that is why I switched from Cat M1 to Cat 1. Has anyone used SSH tunneling on CAT 1?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

jh

Correct,EC21 is for 4G LTE CAT1, and the following describes the detailed features of EC21-QuecOpen module.

As we all know, this is a theoretical value. There are many factors that affect the real network , so we can’t guarantee it. Normally, FDD 6~7Mbps(DL) and 2~3Mbps(UL).

Thanks
Puck