Help with 2 things please

Hello all, I have a Quectel rm520n-gl and I have firstnet att with 5g service. The modem is only getting lte and poor speeds, barely 1mb. I have my firstnet phone that runs about 110/40. How or what can I do to get this modem into 5g? Lastly I am using minicom or picocom and I am unable to communicate, I keep getting errors on at commands . If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

What port are you using? (/dev/ttyUSB…)

Do any AT commands succeed? AT is the most basic AT command - it should just return “OK”.

dev/tty/USB2 and yes AT returns OK. But all other commands return error which is odd?

When i launch minicom and send commands it says serial port is not setup. I setup serial port to be /dev/tty/USB2. Also minicom says offline on that. Picocom doesn’t report that back.

That should be /dev/ttyUSB2

sorry that was a typo on my end

FATAL: cannot lock /dev/ttyUSB2: Resource temporarily unavailable when I run picocom

What Linux host are you using?

openwrt latest version

just trying to setup the modem in order to connect to carrier. Tried qmi and mbim but the modem device doesnt show. only shows up in modem manager. sorry bit of a novice here

Please try from the shell prompt:

echo "ATI" | socat - /dev/ttyUSB2,crnl

root@OpenWrt:~# echo "ATI" | socat - /dev/ttyUSB2,crnl
-ash: socat: not found

OK - socat is not installed.

no response back after install and command. I think i might be outta my league here

root@OpenWrt:~# echo "ATI" | socat - /dev/ttyUSB2,crnl
AT+QENG="servingcell"

just want to setup modem as wan failover but boy is this a process

That’s a collision of commands. Some other process is running and is also issuing AT commands.