Getting Started with EC200U-EU with ModemManager using Serial Port

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am new to working with an LTE module in an embedded linux environment.

I have Modem Manager installed in my distro and I have the module connected to the device using a serial port, ttyACM2 through a usb to uart hub.

Manual communications with the module work. However, I am looking for a higher level functionality using modem manager.

My question is, is it possible to make the EC200 work with the modem manager using a serial connection?
if so, where would I start?

The things I have tried up till now is creating a udev rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-quectel-module.
but the modem manager still failed to detect the module.

Any help shall be appreciated.

Best Regards.

Hi @Geopax_Electronics

If you want to dial up the Internet through the module, you can use our Quectel-CM tool.

Hi @lyman-Q

I was able to get it working with modemmanager in linux in both serial and usb modes by creating udev rules.

Thank you for your message!

Hi @Geopax_Electronics
OK,Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Hello @Geopax_Electronics we are currently facing the same integration issue. Would you be able to share what lines you set in you udevrules that allowed operation with MM ?

Hi @qcabrol,

You can use a rule similar to the following to set it up using serial ports. please note I am also a newb on these matters. I can just provide what worked for me.

# Rule for ModemManager to handle the device on ttyACM2
ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="tty", KERNEL=="ttyACM2", ENV{ID_MM_CANDIDATE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_TTY_BAUDRATE}="115200", ENV{ID_MM_TTY_FLOW_CONTROL}="none"

You would have to add it to a custom rules file and reload the rules or better yet simply restart the linux device.

1 Like