Frequently losing internet connection

ZBT-WE826

GoldenOrb 2020-03-01

Quectel ec25-e

Network: Digicel

Available network 3G only

Frequency( B1) 2100mhz 3G UMTS

it seems my connection to the internet can’t go more than 4hrs without getting disconnected. When that happens a simple power cycle brings it back up and running. I noticed sometimes when I’m disconnected it shows I’m on a 4G network but the area doesn’t have 4G only 3G. My question is, how do I keep device only on 3G only? I tried turning on “3g only under the “miscellaneous” tab but it would not save the selection. My question is: 1. how do I enter the AT command to only work on 2100mhz and to ignore the rest of the frequencies 2. What is the AT command to lock it to 3G only? Thanks in advanced

Hi,ver:
Please refer to the screenshot below:

Thanks for your response. So looking at what you sent me if I enter this config:
AT+QOPSCFG=”scancontrol”[,<1>[,<0-FFFF>,<0>,<0>]] it should read my selection as 3g only, all bands on gsm/wcdma, none for LTE and none for TDS. Please let me know if im on the right direction. Characteristics says that “configurations will not be saved” what does that mean?

Hi,Ver:

AT+COPS=? //This AT Command returns a set of five parameters, each representing an operator presenting in the network.
AT+COPS? //This AT Command returns the current mode and the currently selected operator.

When you run AT COMMAND above, you don’t display the number “7” as in the above example. Maybe your card or your area doesn’t have LTE.

Hi @herbert.pan-Q,

Is the AT command AT+QOPSCFG a feature added in recent Quectel software ?
I’m running EC25-E with QuecOpen SDK version EC25EFAR06A01M4G_OCPU_01.001.01.001 and I do not have this command…

Nor is the command mentioned in Quectel_EC25&EC21_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.3 (document found in Quectel download zone under a different name Quectel_EC25EC21_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.3 ). Is it because Quectel_EC2xEG9xEG2x-GEM05_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V2.0 replaces Quectel_EC25&EC21_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.3 ?
Or is it simply because Quectel_EC25&EC21_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.3 hasn’t been updated to v2.0 yet ?

Best regards,

Harold Nottingham

1 Like

hi,hnott:

Please see the screenshot above, may help you, thank you!

Hi @herbert.pan-Q,
I do not have theses commands in the EC25-E software I am using at the moment. I am guessing my software is outdated and a more recent version of the EC25 software exists. And with that software I imagine you can use the commands in your pictures. I’ve asked my local FAE the same question so I’ll get an answer by the end of the week.

Best regards,

Harold Nottingham