Firmware Versioning

Is there a URL where firmware versions and revision notes can be looked up?
All I have been able to come across at this point is someone asking for firmware and the response is to send firmware. It would be nice to look up firmware per hardware and see what the different versions solve for.

6 Likes

hello, could you tell us which module are you using? and what’s your current firmware version

1 Like

This is what I’m trying to avoid.
I have multiple modules, I’d like to see what that various firmware versions solve for per module.
In my most humblest opinion, the majority of the conversations in this forum would not exist if Quectel would just have a page that lists the firmware per module.

4 Likes

i agree with you strongly

1 Like

Dear, I’m sorry to say that there is no such URL to look up the firmware versions and revision note currently, if you need more documentation, please feel free to let us know,many thanks~ :grinning:

hey Niki, could you please help me out i yet to get a respond from any support person and i really need a new firmware for my RM510Q-GL the module is not functioning right :< [it used to before]

@silvia Dear Silvia,could you please help out this question? many thanks~
@agamerawesome

Dear @agamerawesome
I need to know your current firmware, there are RM510QGLAA and RM510QGLHA. Please share which one you use.

@silvia
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:984_R:] ati

[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] Quectel
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] RM510Q-GL
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] Revision: RM510QGLAAR11A03M4G

Strongly agree with this post

1 Like

Quectel strongly disagrees with this post.

I just wonder what is the purpose of sending the firmware directly to each person?

its probably to prevent others figuring out the code and modifying it / making fake modules, but im not sure

@silvia
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:984_R:] ati

[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] Quectel
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] RM510Q-GL
[2023-08-29 13:28:47:995_R:] Revision: RM510QGLAAR11A03M4G

Strongly agee with this post: you never know when there is a new version for a module with a list of new features/solved bugs!.
See what other vendors do…

1 Like

OP, I agree as well. Whether its drivers or firmware, it is surprising that Quectel doesn’t have repository pages where we can lookup the different versions and read a changelog.

I am amazed that they are able to use the current solution, where they send things to each person who requests it on the forums.

1 Like

dear @Niki.Liu-Q,
i have a small question and its regarding the response time of support personnel, as i have not yet received any tangible support for the past 8 DAYS of contacting support in both the forums and by emailing quectel directly

I wrote on support page and they response time is amazing. Keep in mind that lots of topics are created of forum and sometimes their support lost the subject.

the only responses ive got from the support page was “have you checked out the forums to ask those questions there…” at least regarding getting a firmware upgrade to fix an issue

sorry for the inconvenience, because the FAE staff who support the forum are not dedicated resources, But we will try to speed up the response time, or you can also @ our FAE directly after you post your issues on the forum, they will get a notification email, thanks for your feedback :grinning:

1 Like