Firmware update for EG915U-EU

Hello !
Can you please provide me the last firmware version for EG915U-EU?
Is it possible to provide me a version which is able to downgrade ? And the relative version ?
Currently, here is the answer for AT+CVERSION:
at+cversion
To take the problem a step further, I encounter a 510 error when using FOTA.
The name of the package i’m trying to install is : Update_EG915UEUABR02A08_01.001.01.001-R03A01_01.004.01.001.pack
I don’t know if it’s a problem with the firmware package, the HTTP server, the current firmware version, the FOTA protocol or something else…

Kind regards,
Antoine

Hi @a.chone
Can you update it locally?

Hi !
I have an issue installing the Quectel driver so it will be hard i guess?
Maybe i can ask an other PC to test it.
This firmware version of the modem can’t upgrade/downgrade with FOTA ?

Hi @a.chone
It can be upgraded by FOTA, but if there is a local environment, I think it is more convenient to upgrade locally. If necessary, please send me your email, and I will send you the firmware package for local upgrade.

I thought it was an initial version problem. To be honest, the product should be upgraded by FOTA during the use phase. So I have to confirm that there is no problem with the FOTA update.
Here’s my e-mail address to send me the packages for the FOTA version: a.chone@technologyandstrategy.com
And the downgrade package if possible to perform many tests.
Thank you!

Hi.
I need the latest version of firmware for EG915U.

Hi @lyman-Q!
Any news ?

Hello,

I cannot upgrade EG915U also…

ATI
Quectel
EG915U
Revision: EG915UEUABR03A01M08_OCPU_QPY

…the problem is that no USB DM port present (AP,AT,CP,Diag,MOS,NMEA ports are visibile in usb root…)
Thanks in advance

AG

I suppose you need to boot it with the pin pulled up when you power it up. From manual: “Pull up USB_BOOT to VDD_EXT before powering on the module, and the module will enter the emergency download mode when it is turned on. In this mode, the module supports firmware upgrade over USB interface.”.

Anyone who knows which tool to use to upgrade the FW via the USB DM? I suppose QFirehose should be able to use the DIAG port to upgrade?

Hello,
QFlash is also able to upgrade quectel devices which does not expose USB DM port. Just select the firmware you want to use for the upgrade, press “START” and then connect the modem USB to the PC (for few seconds the modem exposes the usb service port for upgrade, qflash detects it and starts the upgrade)
Regards,
Ale

Is QFlash available for Linux? I got some help from an Quectel FAE who stated QDloader is available for Linux/Android and for EG915U-EU. I haven’t had time to test it yet. I will get beack when I get the time (after some bug fixes :slight_smile: ).

Hi jsandstrom,
qflash is a msvc++ application (compiled for windows). I know that “wine” can run windows app under linux…but it is safer (you are doing an operation that can kill the device) to use it as quectel suggest. ; )

best regards,
Alex

1 Like