Firmware for AA RM500QGLAA-M20-SGASA (Engineering sample version)

Hi All,

• We have engineering sample of RM500Q-GL. Attached snapshot for your reference.

• I didn’t noted which firmware version was already flashed in that module.

• But for some experiment I flashed RM500QGLABR11A06M4G firmware, and I noticed that module was not working correctly and within few seconds module got power down automatically. Attached log for reference.
    quectel_power_down.txt.zip (1.0 KB)

• I come to know from my colleague that we have Engineering sample module which doesn’t support firmware upgrade. Now module has become useless.

• Is there any firmware which I can flash to make module work properly for mentioned Quectel module.
    Any help to fix and recover module will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jemish

Dear Sir,
Yes, ES sample cannot upgrade to latest firmware.Please contact our local sales to get CS sample to test.Thanks!

Hi Peter,

I will surely contact local sales for CS sample but is there way to recover ES that I have upgraded with latest firmware.

Thanks,
Jemish

Dear Sir,
Yes,you can,you can upgrade ES firmware again.But we really don’t recommend use ES sample any more.Please kindly know about it…Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Can you provide link here for ES firmware? It will be really helpful for us.

Thanks,
Jemish

Dear Sir,
Here you are, but we truly recommend to use CS sample, not ES samples now.

https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/assistant-fae_quectel_com/EandqagEUfxOukI1ovfhBUoBKJxCD-NKhtG75OHE29AlpQ?e=tazj8c

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your support! I am able to recover modem now.
Surely going further we will use CS samples only.

We can close this thread now.

Thanks,
Jemish

Hi Peter,

Can you provide a link to the RM510Q-GL ES firmware here? .I have the same problem with my RM510Q-GL. Ask for help with ES firmware

thanks
Xu Liang

Dear Liang,
Please move to our RM510Q-GL CS sample, we don’t promote RM510Q ES any more, please kindly note it.Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for replying to me here. We have purchased the CS version of the RM500Q-GL and RG500QEA for testing. Now I hope you can provide the RM510Q-GL ES version firmware so that I can use it normally and help us complete the update Test more.

thanks
Xu Liang

Dear Liang,
Please test with CS sample, not ES sample, currently we don’t promote RM510Q-GL ES sample any more.
By the way, in order to better support you, please provide below information, thanks in advance.

• Company name and located city:

• Project name (so we can refer to it in the future):

• Application type:

• Estimated Annual Units (for series production):

• Project timeline:

• Current status:

• From which distributor do you buy Quectel modules & EVB kits?

• Do you have EVB kit for this application?