EP06-E disappear band 7 and doesn't work any cell lock

Have the EP06-E and Mikrotik hEX. Earlier cell lock worked fine, but sometimes modem lost locked cell and worked with most strong cell. But now I try to lock on band 7 with AT-command AT+QCFG=“band”,0,40,0,1 and lte interface disappers, then appears for 1-2 sec and disappers again. If I manage to unlock from band 7 (for example with AT+QCFG=“band”,0,44,0,1 in this 1-2 sec, connection established in band 3. But I can’t cell-lock to any cell, modem still work with most strong one. Tried ROS7 and ROS6 (mbim and ecm), flashed with EP06ELAR04A06M4G and EP06ELAR03A08M4G. Nothing solves my problem.

This behaviour is consistent with your modem’s power supply being inadequate.

The modem has enough power to transmit for registration on the B3 band, but I strongly suspect the B7 band needs more power than you’ve got available for the signal levels at your location. Attempted network registration will crash the modem if voltage drops too far.

If that is the case, better antennas might be an alternative to supplying more power.

It is not seems to be true. Because 3-4 month ago I used B7 at this location with this Mtik hEX. Nothing changed. When I do bandwidth test between Mtiks speed ups to 30-40 mbits for download and upload, modem doesn’t crush. All problems start with B7 lock or lock to any cell, which can be aggregate with B7. When I lock to B7 only, lte1 interface appears but only IMEI shows in Mtiks Cellular tab in lte interface. No any other data, and then it crashes.

Or what would you say about this: modem mixed imei and firmware

Can you be sure nothing changed on the base station with the B7 signal? Eg, antenna alignment?

If your EP06-E is connected to the hEX router via a USB cable, try injecting extra power using a powered USB hub or a USB Y-cable.

Are you using the same USB cable as previously?

Network registration makes the modem’s transmit amplifier operate, and this is a relatively large power load. The modem transmit signal must be strong enough to be clearly heard and understood by the tower.

The problem is unlikely to be anything else.

This indicates an instability somewhere. If the modem voltage drops too low, instability is a certainty.

I’m sure because I install my old E3372 to the same hEX and the same antennas and it works.

Do u want to say that just register to B7 need more power than download or upload 30-40 mbits in B3? Nonsense.

And I want to notice again, modem can’t lock any cell with AT+QNWLOCK=“common/4g” on any bands (3 or 7). Only with AT+QNWLOCK=“common/lte” it locks on B3. It’s like it lost its ability to work in B7.
And I connect EP06 directly in usb of hEX, no cable used.

That’s inconclusive at best. It’s a different modem, using different antennas, even if it’s using B7.

That’s likely if B7 signal levels are significantly lower than B3.

Check the antenna connections.

Signal strength is the same in B3, same with E3372 in B7. Antenna connected properly.

It use same antennas with different pigtales.

B3 is -98 rsrp. B7 was -102 rsrp. Not so big different. Is there any command to check functions of modem, or any special ways to flash?

I don’t expect a power supply issue to be apparent with -102 dBm RSRP.

Your problem with the EP06-E on B7 is a mystery at this point.

With the EP06-E running on a B3 cell but with B7 also enabled, what does the command AT+QENG="neighbourcell" return?

You may need to run it a few times to pick up B7 cells (EARFCN values between 2750 and 3450).