EP06-E as an internal WWAN in laptop not recognised

Hello everybody!

I bought EP06-E as an internal WWAN card for my HP EliteBook 8770W. Under Windows 10 the card is not visible under “Network adapters” but under “Ports (COM & LPT)”. In this case it is not visible under “Network & Internet settings” and won’t allow to be used as network adapter.
How to make it visible as network adapter so I could use it as an internal WWAN card for my laptop?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Greetings
Ivan

Hi,
Thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
Please use AT+QCFG=“usbnet” command to configure the network card type.
thanks.

Hi,
But my EP06-E is not connected via USB port but inside the Notebook as standalone WWAN module. How to make it work in there:

Hi,
Please check whether there is a USB port in the device manager. If not, you need to contact the local fae to obtain the method to display the USB port. Different types of m.2 modules have different methods and commands to display the USB port.
thanks.

Hi, there is an USB port in device manager, the drivers install correctly, but the card is not visible under ‘network adapters’ and because of this I can’t use it to connect to Internet.

Hi,
Since there is a USB port, you can use the AT command I issued above to configure the network card. If you do not actively configure your network adapter, there is no available network card.
thanks.