Enable Band 28 on EP06-E

Hi Quectel,

We have a Quectel EP06-E miniPCIe module with firmware EP06ELAR03A06M4G. Even though this module has support for B28 according to the specifications, the AT+COPS=? command is unable to find any networks using this band.

Enabling band 28 using AT+QCFG=“band”,0,0x8000000,0,1 seems to fail as well. AT+QCFG=“band” returns +QCFG: “band”,0x8d0,0x40000000,0x0. Is this a firmware or a configuration issue?

Assistence is welcome.

Hello,

Please remove “0x” and try again.

Best Regards,

Hi WillieYao,

AT+QCFG=“band”,0,8000000,0,1 effectively works to change enabled LTE bands, thanks. However, no signal is picked up. If I replace the EP06-E card with EC25-AU, things work fine and I am able to use the network.

Hi FezzFest,

Were they configured the same APN?
AT+CGDCONT?

Hi WillieYao,

The same APN is configured on both cards. AT+CGDCONT? shows this APN. The APN is irrelevant however, since the network I want to connect to doesn’t even show up in AT+COPS=? on the EP06-E.

Hi Willie, I’ve got the EC25-AU mPCIe modem and I can see from the AT commands for this modem that I can lock down multiple bands based on adding their hex values together. How would I do it so I could include Band 28?

The LTE bands I want to lock down access to are LTE 5 (hex=0x10), LTE 8 (hex=0x80), LTE 3 (hex=0x4), LTE 7 (hex=0x40) which will give me 0x134 but then how do I add LTE band 28?

Cheers
C.

Hi Malota,

band 28 0x8000000, so expected setting for you is 0x8000134.

Best Regards,

Hi FezzFest,

Please also help to check module status by AT+CFUN? . If CFUN returns normal value “1”, you would need to capture a qlog for further analysis.

Best Regards,

Hi WillieYao,

Problem turned out to be a bad u.fl connector in the end. Problem solved, thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

Hi Willie,

Your support is very welcome. I’m with difficulties regarding EP06ALAR02A07M4G. I’m developing a simple application to enable user to lock the radio module in specific LTE band or band aggregation.

I’m using AT commands but the output is not OK. When typing AT+QCFG=”band” the module does not return anything. But when I type AT+QCFG=? I can search for this output:

+QCFG: “band”,(0-200),(0-7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF),(0-7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF),(0,1)

I would appreciate so much your support in:
1 - how can I get the output for the command AT+QCFG=”band”?
2 - what would be the AT command to lock the EP06 module to a specific band? I’m using these but the module is not locking to:
lock to LTE B5
AT+QCFG=“band”,0,10,1

lock to aggregate band LTE B2+B4+B12
AT+QCFG=“band”,0,80a,1

After I ran this commands, I check the current band with:
at+QNWINFO
but the result is not the one I expect. It shows the modem on other bands than the one I selected.

Thank you so much

Fred