EM160R-GL Linux PCIe drivers?

Hello,

I just got my EM160R-GL module today and I have successfully connected it to my machine, I already had the EP06 USB drivers installed so the device was discovered as a USB device using the USB2.0 interface (it shows up in ‘lsusb command’).

I have 2 questions:

1. How can I get it to work with the PCIe interface instead? Do I need to download a different driver and where can I find the download for it?
  2. How can I verify if the device is using the PCIe or USB interface?

Thanks

1. You need to install the pcie driver and pay attention to the power-on sequence.
  2. Use at+qcfg=“data_interface” to judge the return value.
    It is recommended that you contact your local quectel technical support engineer for further assistance.

Hey,

Thank you for the reply, I will try to contact the local technical support.

Do you know where can I download the PCIe driver?

Ok, I will send it to you via email, please check it.

@Isaac.Wang-Q Can you send the drivers my way as well?

@Jason_Risch Ok, I will send it to you via email, please check it.

@Isaac.Wang-Q can you please send me the drivers as well. thank you!

Just had mine shipped. Can I also get the drivers please?

My new Lenovo ThinkPad P17 Gen 2 comes with Quectel EM160R-GL 4G LTE CAT16 integrated mobile broadband. @Isaac.Wang-Q could I also apply for a copy of the PCIe Linux driver, please. Many thanks.

1 Like

Exactly the same – Ubuntu 22, Quectel EM160R-GL.

Much appreciated!

hello i’m acquire EM160R-GL and can you please send me the drivers as well. thank you!

Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad notebook with Quectel EM160R-GL 4G LTE CAT16 integrated mobile broadband module and I use it openSuse Leap 15.4 but it can not work.

lspci
08:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. EM160R-GL LTE modem

mmcli -L
No modem were found

I need a linux PCIe driver for openSuse. How can I get it?
Thanks and Regards

Could someone help me?
Why does the Leap 15.4 not recognize the Quectel WWAN modem and how can I get it to work?
Works on Windows 10…
Thanks for the help.

I’m working on solving the problem.
I found this:
mncli
mhi_mbim0: unmanaged
“Quectel EM160R-GL”
unknown (mhi_net), hw, mtu 16384

ls /dev/wwan*
/dev/wwan0at0 /dev/wwan0mbim0 /dev/wwan0qcdm0

mbimcli -p -d /dev/wwan0mbim0 --quectel-query-radio-state
[/dev/wwan0mbim0] Radio state retrieved: ‘fcc-locked’

It can be seen that there is a WWAN device, but it is not managed by NetworkManager and ModemManager. It seems that there is an fcc lock on the WWAN module.

The EM7345 WWAN module of my old Lenovo Thinkpad W550s laptop worked out of the box with SUSE. I don’t understand why this doesn’t work.

The EM7345 WWAN module of my old Lenovo W550s laptop worked out of the box with SUSE. I don’t understand why this doesn’t work.

ModemManager would need the fcc-unlock.available.d directory and the unlock file, but I can’t find it. How can I get the unlock file?

Hi, Isaac, I haveexactly same – Ubuntu 20.04, system with Quectel EM160R-GL. I would like to have PCIe protocol drvier for the system.Please kindly send me a copy,thanks in advacne

Hello,
are the drivers now publicly available?
Otherwise, please send me the drivers by email too.
Thanks a lot

@Isaac.Wang-Q Can you send the drivers my way as well?

1 Like