Em160-gl and disconnection problem

When the disconnection bug will be fixed?
Only the engineering samples do not have it and are no longer found

Thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
Can you elaborate on your specific problem and current software version.
Thanks.

Hi, I have one of my EM160R-GL which has I believe the same problem complained by the other user, in my case, the error is:

reply timeout for AT+QENG=“servingcell”

which happens randomly (it may happen that it happens even a few minutes away from the previous error, sometimes 1 hour or more can pass).

In any case, this anomaly happens many times during the day, making the connection practically almost unusable.

Having the 07 version (EM160RGLAUR02A07M4G) I tried the 08 but it hadn’t solved anything, the problem returned to manifest itself again.

I recently read that there would be a beta version, I think the 923 that seems to solve this problem, so I wanted to know if it was possible to have this firmware file to see if I can finally solve the problem permanently, Thanks.

I have the same error of the user uiblog.it
reply timeout for AT+QENG=“servingcell”
I have the 07 version EM160RGLAUR02A07M4G and I tried the version 08 but but it doesn’t solve the problem.
If there is a beta version that solves this problem I would be interested in having it
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don’t have the test version you mentioned at the moment. If this version is officially archived, I will share it with you, thank you.

Sorry, I don’t have the test version you mentioned at the moment. If this version is officially archived, I will share it with you, thank you.

I hope you will fix the problem soon, because now it is unusable

Well, hopefully this is allowed. Yeah seems to make that problem go away on OpenWRT based stuff. Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Remember if you are on Verizon be sure to deactivate the MBN and autoselect again after you update firmware.
AT+QMBNCFG=“AutoSel”,0 (stop Autoselect config on sim detection)
AT+QMBNCFG=“Deactivate” (disable MBN config)
AT+CFUN=1,1 (Power Cycle Modem)
A07_Beta0923:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtOhEiXuHQaAzEwTecYsPW5SnLc7

Hello iamromulan and thank you for reply. Do you know if the beta firmware work with routeros?
the commands must be executed only with the verizon operator ?

It’s only needed with Verizon yes. I don’t have experience in routeros, I run GoldenOrb :slight_smile:
Apologies.

@iamromulan Thanks, as soon as I get back the module with the problems (currently lent it to a friend) I try to put that firmware, hoping that it will solve the problem for me as well (I will have to put it on a Mikrotik routerboard, therefore with RouterOS).

which 4g modem/hardware are you using?

EM160R-GL in a WG3526 4x4 mimo. Running golden orb.