Em160 firmware update

It’s been 18 days since my request… and nothing yet :frowning:

Has anyone received this updated file yet?

I already have it, but not thanks to Quectel.

Honestly Quectel Moderators and Quectel themselves act as if we were being done a favor for buying their modems. I say its the other way around, they should be glad we buy their products, and should be helpful in many ways that include the new Firmware Updates access.

I would not be surprised that they start losing sales over such unfriendly and uncooperative services. How are we supposed to become a sales affiliate if we have to purchase a modem from a 3rd party and then have no access to documents and firmware updates for better testing Quectel products.

I will understand if this post gets removed, would mean that Quectel cannot accept a good constructive review.

3 Likes

HI all

here is it, for me it working ~24h without any disconnection or error

i hope it solves your problems too.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/oOr8wMBU21kJLQ

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback Cony

May I ask you a link to the Windows driver for the EM160R (need it to upgrade the firmware, I don’t know how to do it under linux)

Thank you!

Here you go. everything what you need to flash EM160 windows driver included

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UfCwa9XCdnxUy_OAout_bNa4Fb1R0kQ2

@ Cony & jfrog

Thank you!

1 Like

Great! Thanks !
After a long wait, someone sent me the EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G_01.001.01.001 firmware and I just updated my modem under Windows.
For those who have Windows, I hope this procedure helps and avoids loosing time:

1. Connect Modem to a PC USB port.
  2. Go to Device Manager and under Modems find the Quectel module on “DM” USB port (ex- USB9). Note: Update failed for me when choosing the “AT” USB port.
  3. Launch QFlash_Vx.y tool (I used v5.1)
  4. Select the port found on 2) and set speed to 460800 (maybe it works at a higher speed?)
  5. Click on “Load FW files” and browse the “\update\firehose” folder (ex- EM160RGLAUR02A09M4G_01.001.01.001\update\firehose)
  6. Select any .mbn file and click the “Open” button
  7. A List of files (automatically chosen?) are displayed as files to be downloaded to the modem
  8. Finally, Click on “Start”
  9. Once the update finished, Windows displays a new Quectel USB port (?), and on my case I had to Restart Windows to gain access to the “AT” USB port.
2 Likes