EM120R-GL Lenovo X13 Gen 2 machine type 20WL Windows 10 data flow stop after 5 minutes

Hi gurus.

Installed Quectel SDX24 EM120R-GL on a number of Lenovo X13 Gen 2.
Mostly working fine.
For some users in some specific occasions, the LTE/4G network (EU) stops after 5-15 minutes.
Stopping and starting the interface, the data stars flowing again… 5-15 minutes, then stops.

There is 5 bar full coverage.
Only happens in some specific locations. Never downtown.
Does not happend with Fibocom 850 (which is not on Lenovo’s compatibility list)
Does not happen, if switching to 3G

Latest driver 1.0.0.33.

Appears to be an issue between Quectel and the network provider (using Ericsson equipment - the issue has not been tested on Nokia LTE).

Anyone, who has faced the same?
Possible workaround/fix?

Is there any way to trace/monitor the WWAN modem, in order to identify the data flow stop and the possible culprit? Any queues or buffer full status?

Cheers

Hi,
It is suggested that you replace your ordinary mobile phone card on the module for test and comparison verification, to see whether it is caused by the carrier SIM card problem. I hope it will be helpful to you, thank you.

Hi

Already did swap the SIM for a different network service provider.
This had no issues.
The original network service provider also works fine in other areas
Fibocom works well in all areas with both SIMs.

Thus, my deduction was that there is an issue between the Quectel card and this 4G network service provider in this particular area. There is coverage, as it works for 5 minutes and works after stopping and starting the card.

But something makes the dataflow stop. Therefore it would be good to determine buffer use, monitor traffic and catch the place where traffic stops.

I don’t have such tools. My suggestion - since we proved that the other 4G provider did not have issues in the same geographical setting - is to tell the user to contact his 4G provider.

Thanks for input