EM120R-GL does not work in Win11 with “Configuring Mobile Broadband Device 0%” on Lenovo T14s Gen2

Hi,

I hope somebody can help.
We have this issue since the last year and still not able to find a solution to this.

We are having the same issue to all Lenovo T14s Gen2 with Quectel EM120R-GL installed.
When the laptop battery drain se see often this annoying “Configuring Mobile Broadband Device stuck forever at 0%” and keeps popping up at every reboot.

• Tried different Windows 11 22H2, 23H2 and 24H2. The issue still persist.
  • Installed the latest drivers from Lenovo and from Quectel forum. Same issue

Can please somebody assist ?
Is there any workaround to suppress this message or is there any permanent fix into this ?
Thanks in advance

Could you show me the picture? Please take a photo of the device manager.
Which drivers you have tried?

@Bean.Wang-Q one interesting thing to mention -

Whenever the computer has the battery fully discharged. The Quectel device shows disabled and no longer working. During that time, comes up the annoying popup "Configuring Mobile Broadband Device 0% " .

The only workaround we found so far is to fully uninstall the drivers and then reinstall > reboot and then works until when the computer gets discharged and the issue comes back.

This is the documentation I am following, but is not ideal if you consider we have 200 machines with the same problem.
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/nz7wj11w.txt

I hope you can help.
Thank you so much in advance.

I don’t understand what you mean “Whenever the computer has the battery fully discharged”,
If the Windows lost power or cannot provide sufficient power, I think it is normal that the modem cannot work.

Do you know how to check the USB info for the device?
Please check the USB VID/PID and USB interface of the device.

It looks like this module is from Lenovo. They should have a drive there. The Quectel driver may not be usable.

@Bean.Wang-Q

Regarding “Whenever the computer has the battery fully discharged” I mean the following:

If I use the computer in battery mode (no charger plugged in) and then the battery is fully discharged. From the moment I put the computer with the charger and then I turn the computer on, I see Quectel device ( under device manager) hidden and not loaded. And that is when usually shows the “Configuring Mobile Broadband Device 0%” stuck forever.

Attached you will find more details about PID\VID .
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Lenovo has changed the PID. And so if you try the Quectel driver it won’t work.
You need the driver from Lenovo.

From my view and the workaround
The only workaround we found so far is to fully uninstall the drivers and then reinstall > reboot and then works until when the computer gets discharged and the issue comes back.

It might have some problem with hardware.

@Bean.Wang-Q
it’s a bit excessive considering that is an hardware issue if all 99.9% of the Lenovo we use have all the same problem…

And you have many Lenovo Laptops?
In that case, ask Lenovo to contact Quectel. This module in the PC before the factory should have a problem, there is no debugging all the functions.