EM12-G: Wrong gateway and netmask

I am using a simple procedure to initiate connection with qmicli:

qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-set-data-format=link-layer-protocol=raw-ip,ul-protocol=qmap,dl-protocol=qmap,ep-type=hsusb,ep-iface-number=4
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-noop --client-no-release-cid
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-bind-mux-data-port=mux-id=1,ep-iface-number=4 --client-no-release-cid --client-cid=19
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=apn=auto,ip-type=4 --client-no-release-cid --client-cid=19
qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-current-settings --client-no-release-cid --client-cid=19

The output of the settings is as follow:

root@Rmodem:~# qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-current-settings --client-no-release-cid --client-cid=19
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Current settings retrieved:
           IP Family: IPv4
        IPv4 address: 192.168.10.56
    IPv4 subnet mask: 255.255.255.240
IPv4 gateway address: 192.168.10.57
    IPv4 primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
                 MTU: 1500
             Domains: none
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
	Service: 'wds'
	    CID: '19'

But the default gateway of the base station is 192.168.10.1 and the subnet mask must be 255.255.255.0.
Is there an option to configure the module to report the actual distributed network information?

Thanks for your query in Quectel forums.
Can you take a screenshot of the dialing tool you are currently using and show it to me?

Hi,

I do not have a dialing tool. I am using libqmi for OpenWRT. The same happens with the reduced library uqmi.

Neither a gateway nor a netmask is needed in this case, use interface based routing.

But what if I have a private APN with a dedicated gateway. My IP is in subnet /28 but the gatway which should be accessible is in a /24 subnet and outside of my range.
Why is the module not able to provide the right gateway.
When I do the same on a mobile phone, I’ll get the expected IPs.

Forget about subnet, gateway, netmask, etc.
What you need is something like that: ip r add default dev wwan0

Ok, but this is just a little bit more complex. We are implementing now mux interfaces for multiple default EPS bearers. We need to be able to do policy routing for multi-wan. Interface-based routing would limit the options and there must be a way to get the current information from the base station.