EM06-E no voice calls possible

Hello,

I’m having problems with my EM06-E module to successfully do any calls (outgoing as well as receiving). The SIM card itself is supported to do any sms/voice/data operation (works fine in mobile). Using in the module, I’m only able to send and receive sms.

Some commands which might be helpful:

Module and firmware:

AT+ATI
Quectel
EM06
Revision: EM06ELAR03A08M4G

Registration info:

AT+QNWINFO;+COPS?;+CREG?;+CEREG?

+QNWINFO: "FDD LTE","26202","LTE BAND 1",100
+COPS: 0,0,"vodafone.de",7
+CREG: 0,1
+CEREG: 0,1

Available networks:

AT+COPS=?

+COPS: (2,"vodafone.de","vodafone","26202",7),(3,"Telekom.de","TDG","26201",7),(3,"o2 - de","o2 - de","26203",7),,(0-4),(0-2)

So the registration to the network itself seems to be fine. One thing to note: Vodafone DE only operates 2G and 4G/5G. 3G has been disabled in Germany and can’t be used anymore.

Making a call results in this:

ATDxxxxx;

NO CARRIER

^DSCI: 2,0,2,0,xxxxx,145
^DSCI: 2,0,6,0,xxxxx,145 NO CARRIER

calling the number from outside dosn’t give a connection and you’ll get an automatic answer from the provider the number can’t be reached at the moment (like mobile is switched off). Sending USSD cmds also isn’t working. As said, only sending and receiving SMS is working without any problems.

Anyone has an idea about this? Let me know, if I need to provide with further output of some commands.

Thanks and best regards
Fabian

Hi,
Thanks for you query in Quectel forums.
Please confirm whether your current Vodafone SIM card supports VOLTE. If it does not support VOLTE, the module will automatically drop from 4G network to 3G network or 2G network when making a call. If you do not support 3G network, you need to support VOLTE function on the SIM card and base station side, so that you can directly make a call through VOLTE.