EM06-A unable to accept AT+NWSCANMODE to LTE ONLY

Hi All - I am currently in a pickle as my EM06-A module does not like to lock in in 4G only. I’m using AT&T and 3G (HSPA+) is available in my are and LTE but the signal quality of the latter is only about 22% coming from ModemManager whilst for 3G it reports around 45% signal quality thus I think the module prefers the stronger signal quality. However, on later module like EM12-G, I can always force to lock nwscanmode to LTE only and lock in a specific band for the best performance.

In EM06, even just the nwscanmode can’t lock in LTE thus, I cannot force it to cell lock into a LTE freq in the area. Any thoughts?

Hi,
Thanks for you query in Quectel forums.
Please provide the AT process for locking THE 4G of em06-A module. Normally, 4G can be locked. However, if the 4G signal in the current test environment is poor after the locking is successful, the module will not be able to access the Internet.

I am currently using sudo mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1' then AT+CFUN=1,1

After the module has rebooted when you do AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode” it will show ‘AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”’,0

I’ve tried sending AT+QPRTPARA=3 then AT+QPRTPARA=1 but it does not fix the issue.