EM05 and AT+QOPS

Hello !

I’m trying to use AT+QOPS on a EM05 modem but it says “ERROR”.

What is strange is that when I try the commande AT+QOPSCFG=?, it says ERROR too.

The current firmware on my modem is EM05EFAR06A04M4G.

Is it possible that I don’t have the last update on my modem and it this version, there isn’t any QOPS command ? (Like I saw in the first version of the AT Command document about EM05)

Thanks for your help !

hi,SPE:
Are other AT Command normal when you test? AT+QOPS is a basic query function, which should be supported.

AT+COPS?
AT+CEREG?

Thanks for your answer, herbert.pan-Q

These commands are working :

AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0

OK
AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 0,2

OK

I don’t have a Sim card because I just want to check the quality signal of all operator. I don’t need to connect to an operator to do this.

hi,SPE:
“AT+QOPS” is our custom instruction encapsulated on the basis of AT+COPS,The output is normal only if AT+COPS gets normal results.I recommend that you insert a SIM card to verify this feature.

Thanks for your help,

I put a Sim card in but I have same answer…

AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0

OK
AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 0,2

OK

(QOPS returns ERROR)

However, the “AT+QCOPS=7,1” is working :

AT+QCOPS=7,1
+QCOPS: “4G”,“Orange B”,“20610”,“LTE BAND 20”,6400,2c24,161,-93,-124,-13

Execute the following at command:

AT+QCFG=“NWSCANMODE”,0
AT+CGATT=0
AT+QOPS
AT+CGATT=1

I’ve tried CGATT, but it return “ERROR” too.

I thing that I don’t have the last firmware and so, I don’t have all the commands on last AT Command document.

AT+QCFG=“NWSCANMODE”,0
OK
AT+CGATT=0
ERROR

Please provide your firmware version

ATI //query version

As I said in my first post :slight_smile: :

As for this firmware version, I have checked that our archiving time is 2019.9. Maybe the AT command you are using does not support.

Do you have a more recent firmware and can you give me the necessary to update the modem ?

Sorry, I don’t have the latest version. If you need it, please email to support@quectel.com

Ok, no problem. Thank for the help. I’ll contact them.

Do you know if there is another firmware since the “EM05EFAR06A04M4G” ?

This is the only version I can look up.

Ok, thank for the information.
Do you have the AT Command document related to the firmware EM05EFAR06A04M4G ?

Quectel_EC2x&EG9x&EG2x-G&EM05_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V2.0.pdf (1.7 MB)

This one isn’t good, QOPS command is in it and doesn’t work.

I would like to have documentation about QCOPS that is working, but there is no information in this document. (I suppose that you have replaced it by COPS which is more complete)

And there isn’t any information about AT+QCFG neither.

I recommend that you test the module when it is working properly, such as inserting a SIM card and successfully registering the network

How To Be Happy, Happiness on the other hand, isn’t something that comes naturally. Happiness is a wonderful aim to have, and you’ll need to work toward it every day.