EG25-G Problem with Jio SIM

Hello,

I am using EG25-G with the EVK, here I am trying to use Jio SIM to create PPP connection, send SMS and Call a number, so here while I am using Jio SIM (Indian Service Provider), I am facing problem with Sending SMS or Making a call, but when I use Idea SIM, it works completely fine.
Here when I send the SMS using QNavigator tool, the tool goes non-responsive for some time and then gives an error of SMS sending failed, after that the Module is not responsive for any command, until later it gives +CMS ERROR: unknown error.and than the cycle continues, for every action of Sending SMS, or Calling or trying to make a PPP connection the Module goes non-responsive.

Can anyone please help me with the problem here?

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About your issue, it is better to provide your test AT log. And please double check whether the Jio SIM card can support SMS and Call function. You can check the AT+CREG? and AT+CEREG? to confirm whether the module can register on network successful with Jio SIM card. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

Thank you for the reply.

I have already checked that, the Jio SIM works completely fine when we use it in cell phones, it send SMS, Calls and Internet.

But the problem is only with Quectel EG25-G Module.
Here is the screen shot for the command:

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your updating.
Could you share the whole test log which contains the SMS and Call function? The log you provide can prove that the module already register on network successful. You can use Qnavigator tool to test it. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

PFA the log for SMS and Call:
I have hidden the dialed number in the log.

SMS and Call Log.pdf (37.7 KB)

Here in the Call, it gives NO Carrier, but it detects the SIM.

I have also attached PPP Log.

PPP Log.pdf (57.1 KB)

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Sir,
Please double check that whether the SIM card is ok now, the following command means that the network already reject the module to register on network. So please double check it. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

I have already checked that, it gives that error once the system fails to send SMS. But after the restart, the SIM works fine (only registration part).

For Call its directly going into that mode.

Also after registering the SIM, if I try to call that number, it says the cell is switched off.

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Sir,
Just as i have said that if you can confirm your SIM card is OK, you can contact our local FAE to catch module debug to analyze the reason, you can email to support@quectel.com. But i am still suspect that the SIM card cannot support Call or SMS. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

I can understand the point you are raising, but as I said earlier, I have already tested the SIM for SMS, Calls and Internet using Cell Phone and its working completely fine.

I have already initiated the support from local team, but as it was getting delayed may be because of this Covid situation, i though if we could get it sorted here, things could move faster.

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Sir,
You can upgrade the firmware to have a try. Thanks!
Qflash:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/ETEmrRvHDCpAoWD3Z7W8_EsBfW0MLVfU9FWV-qxX8x32Pg?e=GRhcdY

EG25GGBR07A08:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/EUFcPk63ilJGhhP_cp525hgBJ_0NIcL3189jt5Kn10XTuw?e=iyCFTH

Dear Kyson,

Upgraded the firmware and tried again, the problem is same.

Is there anything else that we can try?

I was asked by local representative to try following command for Jio SIM:
AT+QMBNCFG=”autosel”,1

But when i use this command, there is no response, it shows the following:

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

If that it is better to catch debug log to analyze it. You can ask the local representative to send your log tool and ask them to help to analyze it after you catch the log. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

I have the tool and have collected the log, is there a way to send you these files.

Because as I said earlier things are bit slow here at local representatives end.

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

You can email the log files to support@quectel.com, then we will have engineer to help you to deal with it. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

Thank you very much for the help.

Will mail you right away.

Regards,
Ajit Wadekar

Dear Kyson & Ajit,

We are also facing same issue, JIO SIM with EC25 module. Please let me know if you have already resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Prashanth KK

Dear All,

Using JIO IoT SIM (India) on EC200U module. PPP doesn’t connect despite changing APN. AT+CREG? Returns 1,1. Please help