EG25-G: ERROR response when sending AT+QDAI? immediately after getting response for another command

Hello,

I’m developing an application with EG25-G module.
The firmware version of the module is EG25GGBR07A07M2G.

When the module is turned on, it sends a RDY message on the UART interface.

Once I get this message, I try to read out internal settings that are useful to my application.

When I try to read out information like manufacturer name (AT+GMI?) or firmware version number (AT+GMR?) immediately after receiving the RDY message from the module, I get the correct response.

However, when I try to read the digital audio configuration of the PCM interface (AT+QDAI?) immediately after receiving the RDY message from the module, I get an ERROR response from the module. It responds with AT+QDAI? followed by the word ERROR.

However, when I introduce a 4-5 seconds delay between receiving the RDY message from the module and sending the AT+QDAI? command to it, I get the correct response.

Similarly, when I send the AT+QDAI? or any other audio related command (for egs, AT+CLVL?) command to the module immediately after reading some other parameter (like firmware version number or manufacturer number), I get an ERROR response. But when I introduce a 4-5 second delay between the response to my previous command and sending the new audio related command, I get the correct response.

Is this how it normally behaves?

Thanks in advance.
/Patrik

When the RDY information reported by the module is received, it means that the module has been successfully booted, but after that, the module will initialize some other configurations, such as SIM card initialization, network search, network injection, and other peripheral initialization, so you need Delay for a while.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for asking questions on Quectel Forums
It is recommended to query the digital audio configuration (AT + QDAI?) after the module has successfully registered into the network, and wait for the AP side initialization to complete.

1 Like