I’m using an EG25-G module on a Linux platform, using ModemManager and qmi for management, with the qmi_wwan and cdc_wdm kernel modules. Firmware reversion is
EG25GGBR07A08M2G, kernel version is 5.4.142.
I noticed every once in a while I get a loss of internet connectivity, no incoming packets at all. From further investigation it looks like every time this happens there was a cell change just before that. The connectivity loss remains as long as I’m on the same cell, which takes about 8 seconds to change to another cell.
I tried different cell providers, and got similar results.
I also tried comparing it to an Android phone with a SIM card from the same provider. The Android phone also changed cells to the same cell as the EG25-G, just 4 seconds after, but it did have internet connectivity.
This is the result of qmicli --device /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --nas-get-signal-strength from one of the data loss events:
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got signal strength Current: Network 'lte': '-42 dBm' RSSI: Network 'lte': '-42 dBm' ECIO: Network 'lte': '-2.5 dBm' IO: '-106 dBm' SINR (8): '9.0 dB' RSRQ: Network 'lte': '-16 dB' SNR: Network 'lte': '-3.4 dB' RSRP: Network 'lte': '-80 dBm'
The Android phone had slightly worse measurements, where only the rsrq was better at -12 dB.