EG25-G data loss on cell change

I’m using an EG25-G module on a Linux platform, using ModemManager and qmi for management, with the qmi_wwan and cdc_wdm kernel modules. Firmware reversion is EG25GGBR07A08M2G, kernel version is 5.4.142.

I noticed every once in a while I get a loss of internet connectivity, no incoming packets at all. From further investigation it looks like every time this happens there was a cell change just before that. The connectivity loss remains as long as I’m on the same cell, which takes about 8 seconds to change to another cell.
I tried different cell providers, and got similar results.

I also tried comparing it to an Android phone with a SIM card from the same provider. The Android phone also changed cells to the same cell as the EG25-G, just 4 seconds after, but it did have internet connectivity.

This is the result of qmicli --device /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --nas-get-signal-strength from one of the data loss events:

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got signal strength
Current:
	Network 'lte': '-42 dBm'
RSSI:
	Network 'lte': '-42 dBm'
ECIO:
	Network 'lte': '-2.5 dBm'
IO: '-106 dBm'
SINR (8): '9.0 dB'
RSRQ:
	Network 'lte': '-16 dB'
SNR:
	Network 'lte': '-3.4 dB'
RSRP:
	Network 'lte': '-80 dBm'

The Android phone had slightly worse measurements, where only the rsrq was better at -12 dB.

Hi
Do you have an antenna plugged in? Poor signal quality is also related to your local network environment