EG25-G activity status (AT+CPAS) when ringing

Hi,

We’re developing an application using the EG25-G module. The module we’re using has firmware version EG25GGBR07A07M2G_01.002.01.002.

We read the module’s activity status using the AT+CPAS command.

When placing an outgoing call (MO), the module reports +CPAS: 4 even when it is ringing and the call has not been answered yet. Both ringing and call in progress are reported as +CPAS: 4. When there is no call in progress or ringing, then the module reports +CPAS: 0 as expected.

When placing an incoming call (MT) to the module, the module correctly responds with +CPAS: 3 when it is ringing, and +CPAS: 4 when the call has been answered by the module.

Do you know if there is a reliable way to determine if the call is in ringing state when placing an outgoing call?

Hi @patrik ,
The same situation also occurred in my local test. I am communicating with my research and development colleagues. I will reply here if there is any news.

1 Like

Hi @patrik
You can also use AT^DSCI command to Check dialing status.

Hi @lyman-Q

Thanks for the suggestion. It works!
It also appears that the AT+CLCC command can be used to poll the status.
Do you know if Quectel has any plans to fix the behaviour of AT+CPAS for outgoing calls? It seems like the simplest way to determine call status without relying on URCs.

I am still following up on this matter. I will let you know if there is any news about the repair.

1 Like